All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

a rainy day recording (EMC2 recording)

Koen88

Sax Drinker / Beer player
Locality
Netherlands
Hi all,

fall's coming in... its raining all day... I have a week off from school (to study) so in my break I'd thought I record a bit over one of Wade's backings.

this time it's an "easy going bass line" whereover I improvised.

tell me what you hear or feel.. do you hear the fall coming in?

https://soundcloud.com/koen-bidlot/koens-rainy-day-recording

Last edited by a moderator:

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Very floaty lines that work well. I see the leaves starting to fall. I see the leaves or flowers as Lotus blossoms, Japanese feel here for me, nice.

thesaxman71

I think it has that traditional folk tune kinda vibe about it, i get images of the Scottish highlands, wind blowing etc etc and this sounds very sweet, nice tone and just the right amount of reverb to enhance it all.

Koen88

Sax Drinker / Beer player
Locality
Netherlands
Very floaty lines that work well. I see the leaves starting to fall. I see the leaves or flowers as Lotus blossoms, Japanese feel here for me, nice.

I think it has that traditional folk tune kinda vibe about it, i get images of the Scottish highlands, wind blowing etc etc and this sounds very sweet, nice tone and just the right amount of reverb to enhance it all.

wow, cool to read what different ideas music can generate inside ones mind!

thesaxman71

wow, cool to read what different ideas music can generate inside ones mind!
and alcohol helps that too haha,

you are playing VERY nice there indeed. this style suits you i think, your tone and melodic approach seems to fit in with a celtic feel to me.

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom