support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

A perfect day out...

Juju

Locality
London
What a day! Saturday morning my husband and I went to Steve Crow to collect our tenors after they had some minor adjustments done. He did a fantastic job, the 30M is in perfect condition now :) ! Then we went on to Woodwind Exchange in Bradford. I have never been to WE before so it was quite overwhelming! We spent about 5 hours there and I tried lots of alto saxes and mouthpieces. My husband traded a bag of old mouthpieces for a Conn New Wonder alto and I got a new alto mouthpiece which he nicked immediately ;} I am wondering if this could be the beginning of GAS, I almost certainly haven't had GAS before as this is the first time I am changing an alto mouthpiece (and possibly my alto) after 18 years. It's the second time (in 24 years) I have changed my tenor and tenor mouthpiece. Hubby seems to be suffering from GAS and I am concerned it might be contagious... This was so much more exciting than clothes shopping! :sax:
Juju

Uht Ho!!!

That must be like taking up smoking in your late 30's (fortunately though, only damaging the health of your bank balance) >:)

Just goes to show how evil (but fun) it can be.

Did you happen to find out roughly how many vintage Selmers they has around at the moment? I keep promising my self a trip. :shocked:

This was so much more exciting than clothes shopping! :sax:
Juju

You have GAS very bad, :shocked: if a woman can say those words !!! you have it bad :)))

You have GAS very bad, :shocked: if a woman can say those words !!! you have it bad :)))

Oh dear, you are probably right :blush: my husband had to drag me out of the place, otherwise I would have stayed there over night!

@Saxlicker: There were lots of vintage Mark VIs, tenors and altos, also a nice balanced action and super balanced action tenor and a fantastic Mark VI baritone.

5 hours in one shop thats serious gas,although the shop is a sax players dream,everytime i have been up there my wallet has been seriously lighter on the way back.

5 hours in one shop thats serious gas,although the shop is a sax players dream,everytime i have been up there my wallet has been seriously lighter on the way back.

I'd best not nip over next time I'm back in Manchester...

My wife said women don't get GAS, she's not a sax player so knows nothing!

I'm amazed that you haven't got draws full of mouthpieces, ligs, reeds, saxes, cases, stands, pull throughs, push ups and many other accessories!

Because ... You're worth it!

What a day!

-------------- 8< --------------
Polite Snip

Hubby seems to be suffering from GAS and I am concerned it might be contagious... This was so much more exciting than clothes shopping! :sax:

Juju

Class ... Real Class ... :welldone

Juju
There you go. A whole day in Bradford and no tetanus, cholera, dengue fever or delhi belhi. (Must be a first!)
How did you manage to leave without a new horn?
Andrew

How did you manage to leave without a new horn?
Andrew
I do regret it now. I might still get it, though. I didn't know enough about the alto I liked most, and it would need some adjustments. Plus, I would have to think whether I want to part with my YAS 62. We can't really justify 4 altos between the two of us (we are both mainly tenor players).
Juju

Steve Crow is amazing. A brilliant inovator, a lovely guy. For anybody who has never met Stu at " Woodwind exchange" Bradford. Man, you do not know what you are missing. He and Linda are great. Horns to die for. Vintage mpcs are unreal. Stu is also a pro player. A damn fine one. Spare weekend; check them out. Unreal. Added bonus. Stu's Mum, Mrs Mc Donald makes great ginger cake. Cake,tea, a look at Joe Hendersons tenor. My kind of day.

My wife said women don't get GAS, she's not a sax player so knows nothing!
I'm amazed that you haven't got draws full of mouthpieces, ligs, reeds, saxes, cases, stands, pull throughs, push ups and many other accessories!
Push ups :))) ?? My husband definitely has stashes of accessories, but taking that bag of old mouthpieces to WE was the first step into the right direction.. :welldone

@Saxlicker: There were lots of vintage Mark VIs, tenors and altos, also a nice balanced action and super balanced action tenor and a fantastic Mark VI baritone.

Thanks...
And well done on the Zephyr..
I have only ever heard one Zephyr in action and it was an Alto.
I stood gob smacked most of the time. Strong and full sound.

Congrats on the new sax:welldone:welldone:welldone

But one between two players:confused::confused:

Enjoy

Chris:sax:

But one between two players:confused::confused:

Chris:sax:

I got the King Zephyr, my husband got a Conn new wonder, now we have 4 altos between the two of us (although we hardly ever play alto..) :blush:

At last - the Zephyr arrived last week, and I absolutely love it! Here is a little test we did yesterday: I'm playing the first head and first chorus with the Zephyr, Dave plays the second with his New Wonder. DeadAudiolink Removed
Juju

The Dynamic Duo ...

Smashing sound you guys make JuJu ... :welldone:thankyou:

So I guess you will be chucking out your old sax's now then ... :)))

Back
Top Bottom