All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

A newbe

Loops

Hi I am a forum virgin! I play the Alto Sax in a Ska band, which I feel very lucky to be a part, of as I am not very good. I would love some advice (apart from just practicing, I do need to do more of that, but neighbours can get tetchy) on how to improve my playing ie blowing, scales, improvisation etc. x Loops

Loops

We play a mix of Trojan and Two tone, with the usual crowd pleasers. Will put up a dodgy video when I have enough posts.

AndyWhiteford

welcome along loops , enjoy the forum

i used to play ska with this band:

we played lots of old 1960's tunes & had some great times, gigging with Bad Manners & The Specials etc.
there are a few ska fans here ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

ellinas

Greetings from a greek mod!

welcome along loops , enjoy the forum

i used to play ska with this band:

we played lots of old 1960's tunes & had some great times, gigging with Bad Manners & The Specials etc.
there are a few ska fans here ;-)

Loops

Scabby ducks, love it. We had the pleasure of supporting Buster Blood vessel last December. Had an awsomely fun night.

AndyWhiteford

Scabby ducks, love it. We had the pleasure of supporting Buster Blood vessel last December. Had an awsomely fun night.
... I remember him, he used to be a lot calmer, when he was plain-old "Eric BloodVessel"...
p.s. the band were called "Ska-B-Dugs" - it's a Shakespearian pun. :) Google "dugs" for enlightenment.......

Loops

... I remember him, he used to be a lot calmer, when he was plain-old "Eric BloodVessel"...
p.s. the band were called "Ska-B-Dugs" - it's a Shakespearian pun. :) Google "dugs" for enlightenment.......
I am so embarrassed what a whally I am. I can only say what rubbish headphones I have. Sorry. Will google dugs:) Have done "dugs" either large pendulous breasts or the head of a marijuana flower apparently.

Taz

Busking Oracle
I'd go for the large pendulous...... Oh sorry got carried away for a moment! Welcome to the cafe

Top Bottom