All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

A New Tenor, Game on!

Adrian63

Good morning all, hoping you are all in good spirits. I have had no luck with my horns of late. My " King " bari was damaged beyond repair. Financial problems forced me into selling my 10m. I then shilled awhile for Phil Barone, an " interesting" experience. So, a small independant pawnbroker, locally, had two " Buffet " tenors in stock. Not horns I am familiar with, I guess i had a preconception, they were more of an orchestral/classical vibe. Horn 1, I think was a " 400 series ". Beautifully engraved, in mint condition, it was a little more than I could afford. I settled for an " Evette ", again a " Buffet Crampon ". My preconceptions proved wrong. It is a large and powerful tenor. Frankly, played side by side, I could not tell them apart tonewise. Sure, it lacks the engraving....no big deal. Two mpcs. came with it. One a " generic ", looks a little like a " Streamline ", with the three tiered shank. Also an ebolin " Brillhart " (5). Beautiful, though a little close for my taste. Rather than go straight to yardsale, I am interested in trading the " Brillhart ", for a metal "Berg". The " pencil thin " Berg is what I am after, but will consider any and all metal " Berg Larsens ". Looking for a straight swap, I will make the usual donation to Petes charity. My pms are open.Please give it some thought. Many Thanks. Health and Happiness to all. Bud.x

compound

Good morning all, hoping you are all in good spirits. I have had no luck with my horns of late. My " King " bari was damaged beyond repair. Financial problems forced me into selling my 10m. I then shilled awhile for Phil Barone, an " interesting" experience. So, a small independant pawnbroker, locally, had two " Buffet " tenors in stock. Not horns I am familiar with, I guess i had a preconception, they were more of an orchestral/classical vibe. Horn 1, I think was a " 400 series ". Beautifully engraved, in mint condition, it was a little more than I could afford. I settled for an " Evette ", again a " Buffet Crampon ". My preconceptions proved wrong. It is a large and powerful tenor. Frankly, played side by side, I could not tell them apart tonewise. Sure, it lacks the engraving....no big deal. Two mpcs. came with it. One a " generic ", looks a little like a " Streamline ", with the three tiered shank. Also an ebolin " Brillhart " (5). Beautiful, though a little close for my taste. Rather than go straight to yardsale, I am interested in trading the " Brillhart ", for a metal "Berg". The " pencil thin " Berg is what I am after, but will consider any and all metal " Berg Larsens ". Looking for a straight swap, I will make the usual donation to Petes charity. My pms are open.Please give it some thought. Many Thanks. Health and Happiness to all. Bud.x
Hi Bud, the Evette's are nice horns, i had an Alto years ago and to me it had a nicer tone than the Yanni i got after it. Wish i had kept it now. Rob.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom