A new definition of Hell?

losaavedra

Interestingly 582 is a sphenic number, i.e. the sum of eight consecutive primes (59 + 61 + 67 + 71 + 73 + 79 + 83 + 89). How drummers managed to hit on that (excuse the pun!) we shall never know!!!!

SLoB

Losaavedra

There is a part of me that has to question how and why you should know that??
Do you spend a lot of time doing pub quizes and/or researching useless information?
:D

Most drummers I know cannot count beyond four and one has to assume it was more luck than judgement - which also describes how most drummers regard keeping the beat!

Lodger

Interestingly 582 is a sphenic number, i.e. the sum of eight consecutive primes (59 + 61 + 67 + 71 + 73 + 79 + 83 + 89). How drummers managed to hit on that (excuse the pun!) we shall never know!!!!
What a splendid word 'sphenic' is! Also interestingly (if that sort of thing turns you on) is that while googling around, the only definition I can find is that a sphenic number is the product (not sum) of three distinct primes, but will always have exactly eight divisors. The first one by this definition is 30: 2x3x5, with divisors 1,2,3,5,6,10,15,30. The next, significantly, is 42, which is the Ultimate Answer to the question about Life, the Universe & Everything. :w00t:

jonf

Record my ar$e

Record for the most drummers playing to the same beat? Oh really, ever found one that can play to the same beat as himself?>:)

losaavedra

Losaavedra

There is a part of me that has to question how and why you should know that??
Do you spend a lot of time doing pub quizes and/or researching useless information?
:D

Most drummers I know cannot count beyond four and one has to assume it was more luck than judgement - which also describes how most drummers regard keeping the beat!
Nah! ... nothing so interesting ... I just saw the drummer number and thought it might be significant like a prime (as one does!) ... so looked it up and it turned out not to be, but did have the 'spheric' property referred to which I'd never heard of before! I was going to have the usual moan about drummers in general but changed me mind! As you've now dragged it out of me I think being able to count all the way up to four seems a bit ambitious in my experience. The best drummers I've encountered have somehow managed to stick to 'boom' 'cha' 'boom' 'cha' etc., in time with the bass player, all the way through a tune. Unfortunately they've been in the minority compared to those who've wanted to go 'crash' 'tah' 'tah' 'tah' 'kar-ump' 'kar-ump' 'ting' 'ting' 'bang' 'ting' (louder than anyone else) at the end of every bar. I don't get the impression that there's any counting going on at all at those times!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom