supportTutorialsCDsPPT mouthpieces

Saxophones A New Baritone

dave mainland

I'd done really well, stuck at 4 Saxes for years, then I saw Alan Barnes waxing lyrical about the Raw Brass Baritone he'd tried out.
Searched out the website and they had a demo model for sale. I liked the concept and got in touch, heart sank when Chris - the founder said he wouldn't courier it, But.....could I meet in Inverness he said (I'm near John O'Groats), 9 days later we met in the Royal Highland Hotel and I got a very handsome new sax.
Too shy to play it in the Hotel - or considerate, I got back to the car and was blown away with the tone, got home and proved that it wasn't just multistorey accoustics.. Played with the big band later in the week - it can either soar and cut right through or play unobtrusively but effectively as part of a section. I have a redundant B-W now! that's good but this knocks its socks off.
They do a 3 week approval, alto tenor or bari. RAW BRASS SAXES is where you'll find them.
I've got no connection to the company - just really really impressed with the Sax and the service they give. I reckon the only worry is that they'll need new stock or Chris' train mileage will go through the roof.
Cheers
Dave

Saxodent

Hi Dave,
I am thinking about getting a Baritone.
Are you still loving your one from Raw Brass?
Do you really rate them?
How is the finish ,,sound intonation and key work etc
Cheers

OP
D

dave mainland

Hi
Yes still absolutely loving the sound it makes. The finish is raw brass so all the solder etc just sits on the sax, no lacquer or plating, looks like a player's horn.
The keywork does just what it should it plays easily very top to bottom, its just as good as the Bauhaus Walstein, I just prefer the sound. I play in a Big Band up here and bandmates are similarly impressed. Lil Darling sounds ace :)
Get in touch with Raw Brass - they were doing an " if you don't like it we'll refund you" deal when I got mine.
See what they say
Cheers
Dave

Saxodent

Chris Walters delivered it personally by hand . He travelled up by train and then a taxi all the way from Hampshire just to make sure it arrived safely and securely.
Now that is an example of British Manufacturers going the extra mile literally and then some.
I will post pictures soon but I think it is awesome.

Saxodent

I may be up in the North of Scotland at some point in the next few months on a road trip to Orkney any chance of sitting in with your Big Band
What night and where do you guys rehearse?

OP
D

dave mainland

I may be up in the North of Scotland at some point in the next few months on a road trip to Orkney any chance of sitting in with your Big Band
What night and where do you guys rehearse?
Thursdays 7.30 Mount Pleasant School Hall :cool: Often have a few weeks off during school holidays

Top Bottom