support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

A little smooth Jazz

I would like to point out that I only play two lines pretty much in the whole tune which is altissimo. Starting with the Split Tone A around 2:23 or so and then again in the fade out section.

This is a lot less compared to some of my jams. The tune is only 3 minutes long really. And I think the split tone is sort of like the end climax. Then it starts fading out.

It's one of those things that could go both ways. I felt what I was playing at the time. I heard it, so I played it. I think that F4 gliss in the middle of that line makes it.

I get it though. I think If I was reaching for that range it would sound out of place but I think it's pretty controlled. At least more so than in the past.

I'm micro managing my playing....

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to hear form you Sean. Am also glad that you are defending how you played this as it demonstrates that you are thinking about how you use your altissimo. As you know I've bugged you about this before as it seemed that you didn't think much about it. Yes, I've got to agree you used it very sparingly compared to other posts. You are obviously happy with it and consciously worked out and presented your vision.

Good on you! Keep pushing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom