All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

A good mag to read.

Rock Lobster

Can anyone recommend a good magazine about saxophones and playing the sax and who are the good players? (Keep it clean please).

jbtsax

Subscriber
The "Saxophone Journal" has been around for a long, long time. It is published 6 times a year and comes with instructional CD's. There is one journal contributor whose level of knowledge is questionable, but for the most part the articles are accurate and informative.

navarro

The "Saxophone Journal" has been around for a long, long time. It is published 6 times a year and comes with instructional CD's. There is one journal contributor whose level of knowledge is questionable, but for the most part the articles are accurate and informative.
Hi JS can you buy this journal in newsagents I have asked at WHs and met with a negative response, or is it Mail Order only as I believe it is a USA publication. Regds. The quest goes on. N

thomsax

Hi JS can you buy this journal in newsagents I have asked at WHs and met with a negative response, or is it Mail Order only as I believe it is a USA publication. Regds. The quest goes on. N

I think you can buy SJ at sax.co.uk.

thomsax

Can anyone recommend a good magazine about saxophones and playing the sax and who are the good players? (Keep it clean please).

As far as I know, Saxophone Journal is the only saxophone magazine left. Sonic (Germany) is still in business but they are writng about brasswinds as well. And for some years ago there was a magazine called Windplayer (CA). I'm sure you can find some small magazines but maybe just members. North American Alliance had a magazine for thier members.

Top Bottom