All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

A Gold Mine for Fellow Jazzers (Playalongs!)

Lewis.S

Locality
Hertfordshire, England
Hi guys!
I'll cut straight to it! On a music streaming programme, called Spotify, I recently found that the complete set of Jamey Aebersold Playalongs are available - All 130 odd volumes, for free! All you have to do is download the programme. I think there are occasional adverts, but they're not a problem. It doesn't have the books though, so make sure you have your Real Books handy!

On a side note, has anyone found this site: http://www.saxopedia.com/
Some very good transcriptions of sax solos, and there are a lot!

Good luck practising!
Lewis;)

teen37

Locality
Dudley, West Mids
Hi guys!
I'll cut straight to it! On a music streaming programme, called Spotify, I recently found that the complete set of Jamey Aebersold Playalongs are available - All 130 odd volumes, for free! All you have to do is download the programme. I think there are occasional adverts, but they're not a problem. It doesn't have the books though, so make sure you have your Real Books handy!

On a side note, has anyone found this site: http://www.saxopedia.com/
Some very good transcriptions of sax solos, and there are a lot!

Good luck practising!
Lewis;)

Thank you so much that's just bloomin brilliant!!!!! :happydance:

jazzdoh

Locality
West Midlands
Hi jazz how you doing? Thanks for that, will give it a go then. It will certainly save me some pennies.

I'm fine,Aebersolds are excellent books with good backings,the great thing about them is they have the score for all the keys so you can play them with Eb,Bb and C instruments.

Enjoy

teen37

Locality
Dudley, West Mids
I'm fine,Aebersolds are excellent books with good backings,the great thing about them is they have the score for all the keys so you can play them with Eb,Bb and C instruments.

Enjoy
Yeah I noticed that as I've just been given a dozen of them by a good friend, they were her late husbands, he was a jazz trumpeter.

jazzdoh

Locality
West Midlands
Yeah I noticed that as I've just been given a dozen of them by a good friend, they were her late husbands, he was a jazz trumpeter.

If you are new to jazz try Aebersold book 54 -called Maiden Voyage,its got good standards at easier tempos,ideal starting point,have fun.

Lewis.S

Locality
Hertfordshire, England
Glad you liked it! They're so so useful! I think there are track listings on Wikipedia to help you find the standard you want.

Throatnote

Locality
South Bucks, UK
Thanks Dave and Lewis
I use spotify but had forgotten about saxopedia.But the free jazz institute is new to me.

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom