All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

A funny thing happened.....

Taz

Busking Oracle
Well, not so funny really.
I went busking today in nearby Daventry, home of Dooce and lots of Chavs (I don't think there's any connection there...) Anyway, I played for about an hour and decided to move. My son's girlfriend is a hair dresser over there and I always get a lovely cup of coffee from her and as it was quite cold today, it felt like a good move. Well, as I turned the corner into the street where she works I could hear music, it sounded like a piano being played quite loudly. "Bu@@er!" I though, "I can't busk here then." It turned out to be an artist by the name of Paul James
He was hosting an opening event in the art shop opposite the hairdressers. Well, me being me, I stuck my head through the door. Paul was playing, composing actually. He would play a little and the write it down! A lady invited me into the shop. She turned out to be his partner. "What have you got in the case?" She asked. "My sax." I said. "Sax?" Said Paul, "Fancy a jam?" I thought "That's a stupid question to ask a sax player with sax in hand!"
So we did! Right there and right then, in the middle of his art gallery, in the middle of the afternoon! Him on a lovely Yamaha baby grand piano that he'd had placed in the shop just for the opening and me on my old faithful tenor.
I thought "This is what being a musician is all about!" :mrcool It was probably one of my best experiences musically speaking so far.
Will anything come of it? I hope so, so watch this space ;}

Sunray

Busker ... Make's the big time ...

Well Taz ...

That was certainly a great surpise for you ... I bet you even forgot about the cuppa tea you was hoping to blag ... ;}

Nice to get that sort of opportunity, I hope you get more from your initial contact mate ...

Good Luck Taz ...

PS - Shame you didn't have you new baby with you ... :w00t:

Taz

Busking Oracle
Ha ha, I don't miss a trick, I'm going to try and make it back there tomorrow. This is a weekend event!

dooce

****, I don't believe that! I was in said hairdressers the previous afternoon - about 3 - and heard this great piano music. I just assumed that there was, after all, someone with some actual taste in music in Dav and they were blasting it through a big sound system. Wasn't until I came out, nicely shorn, that I realised it was live. I was just about to go in the shop and investigate when the bloody phone rang and I was into a conversation with a client and had to find somewhere quieter. :(

Taz

Busking Oracle
Bill, you don't know what you missed, I was back in there again today with the bari and we had a really great jam. We only played about three tunes in total as Paul was speaking to clients and selling various art pieces, but he did comment on how nice the bari was!
He's given me a copy of his CD, I'll lend it to you sometime. It's right up my street, loads of Boogie Woogie and some great blues too.

visionari1

Sounds like magic to me Taz, this happens when preparation meets oppertunity and you took it.... Well done and obviously your onto the case and building from it too!
Now if you are able to jam getting vibes from the gallery paintings, that would be real cool
Top stuff Mate!
We'll be expecting to hear the results!

Top Bottom