All fees from subs and sales are supporting musicians suffering hardship due to COVID-19
SYOS

A Funky Challenge

Veggie Dave

Sax Worker
Being sat at home with not a lot to do I finally got around to writing a new song - the first one for what seems like forever. It was written on the bass, on which it's pretty easy. When transcribed to the saxes, however, it turned out that it'll be something of a challenge. It was originally written at 116bpm but I've dropped it to 105 to give it a more languid groove.

It's not stupidly hard but it is a challenge (at least it is for me which is why I haven't recorded the horns yet), especially the alto part as it was actually written for the trumpet. On the MP3 the piano plays the horn parts. I don't know how many of you will find this remotely interesting but I thought it was worth posting just in case. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

jbtsax

Subscriber
Your creativity always amazes me. I would have notated some of the rhythms at the beginning to make them more readable, but it is your tune and you can write them anyway you like.

OP
Veggie Dave

Veggie Dave

Sax Worker
I would have notated some of the rhythms at the beginning to make them more readable
Posting the scores was a last minute idea -they were never supposed to be seen by anyone, they were just a reminder for me regarding what I'd written.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom