PPT mouthpieces

A DAY OF SAXOPHONE.....ANYONE ?

brianr

Account Closed
Since joining Cafe saxophone last year, I am very much enjoying being part of this saxophone community, so I thought I would try to give something back.

I would like to offer to host a day of Saxophone, at my house. The day Im thinking about is Saturday 8th July.

I can have 4 seperate rooms available for making lots of noise.

Initially we can keep it all loose until I get an idea of how many want to come along. Then I/we can make plans to fit.
Im very open to ideas/input etc

All ability levels are very welcome and Im sure we can get something going for everyone.
Non-readers welcome too.
I have a lot of sax ensemble music at all ability levels and for different instrumentation.
But I also have lots of play alongs, if some folks want to give reading a break, and have a bit of fun with some jazz/improv.
Or, spend the whole day on Jazz/playing without sheet music.........................

Really, it will all be very flexible and open, and will evolve as the day goes on.

Hopefully, as much a social thing/craic, and chance to meet like minded people, as anything else.

I live in the sticks in West Lancs. But the nearest town to me is RAINFORD, near St Helens.

Im about 3 minutes from junction 3 of the M58.

20 minutes from Liverpool. 40 minutes from Manchester

Time wise ..... doors open at about 10am and kicking out time is flexible, but say 8pm ish

Folks can pop in for just a little time if that suits, or the whole day. Whatever suits.
Drop in and just say hello, if that fits.

The whole thing is flexible, chilled, and hopefully easy going.

I'll provide some level of food and drinks, but depending on how many want to come, I may ask folks to bring some food and/or drinks.

Anyone fancy a day of saxophone fun?

Would have loved to as it sounds like it would be an amazing day, but typically I have my folks down that weekend as they have plans for the next few it was the only time they could fit me in!!

Gutted

Very generous offer and it sounds like lots of fun.

But it's too far away for me.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Rhys

A very kind offer.
! Would have loved to...it's a bit of a long way, but I did consider driving up.
However, I am performing in a concert that day, so sadly, I cannot make it.

I love the idea, at the moment i am a complete novice barely able to get out decent notes, also i have had two bouts of pnumonia which has halted my progression but to meet like minded people who love the sax would be fantastic, count me in just to put faces to names, talk sax, listen to sax, drool over sax etc etc..;)

You might need a new thread to steer away from us apologists

I would love to accept but I'll be in France

Enjoy

Ivan

Nice idea Brian :thumb:

Sorry mate 200 miles for me ...

:sax: Have a great day all who can make it ...

I love the idea, at the moment i am a complete novice barely able to get out decent notes, also i have had two bouts of pnumonia which has halted my progression but to meet like minded people who love the sax would be fantastic, count me in just to put faces to names, talk sax, listen to sax, drool over sax etc etc..;)

great, it will be good to meet you.

at the moment its a duet................................... hoping for a lot more.

I ought to be able to make it as that's about an hour from here by car.

Would have loved to but that day is currently pencilled in to move son to London, if it changes I'll be there :)

Jx

Love to come. Will have to convince wife to let me use the car, driving is a rare event for me these days. I can't play much but I'd like to give the baritone a breath of fresh air. Have to go and buy a box of chocolates and a bunch of flowers... >:)

I shall be in Devon that day, I'm afraid.

Love to come. Will have to convince wife to let me use the car, driving is a rare event for me these days. I can't play much but I'd like to give the baritone a breath of fresh air. Have to go and buy a box of chocolates and a bunch of flowers... >:)

great it will be nice to see you.

thats 4. one room almost set.

three more rooms to fill.

get your names down:)

For Brianr?

No. I need to bribe wife to allow use of car, I might even have to raise it by a bottle, ( no that won't be enough) it'll have to be a crate of her favourite wine. The things some of us go through to live a saxophone life style.

Sounds Great fun, however, I am 3 hours away, a wee bit too far, but thanks for the invite, I wish you well with the day.