support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

A bit of my playing...

Well Done to you both!
:thumb:

I think the best thing to do with these captured moments is reflect on them, Pat yourself on the back for the bits you like and expand on them with confidence.
You are doing well.

Well Done to you both!
:thumb:

I think the best thing to do with these captured moments is reflect on them, Pat yourself on the back for the bits you like and expand on them with confidence.
You are doing well.

Thank you .... the trouble is having now heard myself I'm not sure I like any of my bits though :(

Nothing wrong with that to my untrained ears Laura, :thumb: and considering you are self taught excellent.
I think the difference between yourself and Harry is just down to alto and tenor, by which i mean i think this song is better suited to alto, but that is just my opinion :)

Keep it up :thumb:

Thank you .... the trouble is having now heard myself I'm not sure I like any of my bits though :(

Thats very very harsh on your self!
I have the monopoly on doing that so please get off my patch :w00t:

Seriously theres plenty of promise there.

Well done:welldone :welldone We are all our own worst critics,( Ignore the voice in your head):shocked: Just enjoy the experience and look forward to the next one. ;};}

whats not to like you got up and played and played well if you don't mind me saying remember we are are own worse critic so next time have fun

Great playing, well done.:welldone
I don't understand why you're not happy with it. It looked like you were having fun up there, and that's all that matters. Besides, there's always next time :)

Hey! Sounds great, keep it up. And for charity as well, double good!

Thanks for all your lovely comments, :thumb: I do thoroughly enjoy playing and especially enjoy playing to people - it gets me away from all my everyday worries and problems - it's like being transported to another dimension!

Nice one Arty, everyone enjoyed it and it takes some bottle to get up. Well done ma'am (Top side of fifty... I don't believe it)

Nice one Arty, everyone enjoyed it and it takes some bottle to get up. Well done ma'am (Top side of fifty... I don't believe it)

Thanks Andrew :thumb:

oh and flattery will get you everywhere ;} >:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I expect we all do it, but we shouldn't be so harsh when listening to ourselves. Listening to your clip, it sounds to me like you're on time, in tune, inside the harmony and in keeping with the mood of the song. All those things are difficult to master (I know I haven't done it yet). I'd say the next step is to start being a bit more adventurous, but that will come with time and experience. Like Saxlicker said: enjoy what you've achieved and build on it.

Laura I think you have got a really good sound going there, your setup sounds just right, I wouldn't change a thing :welldone:welldone:welldone
The only thing I didn't like (and this is just another one of my quirks), is your foot tapping in the solo. I used to have this problem and was told by my tutor that it was detrimental to my performance (don't know if he was right, he said it helps phrasing), I had to concentrate hard on that aspect of my playing. He had no hair left when we parted company after a few years :shocked:

John:thumb:

The only thing I didn't like (and this is just another one of my quirks), is your foot tapping in the solo. John:thumb:

You got me looking at the vid again, i see what you mean but also the guitarist and alto were doing the tap footing, but through out the song, how do you get rid of this habit ?

I also think your playing in this one is great :thumb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNEhLixQpuQ&NR=1

and don't you just hate that Harry >:) talented indeed

I had to listen/make up tunes in my head and concentrate hard on keeping the beat with my foot. A twelve bar would be a good example.

John.

You got me looking at the vid again, i see what you mean but also the guitarist and alto were doing the tap footing, but through out the song, how do you get rid of this habit ?

I also think your playing in this one is great :thumb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNEhLixQpuQ&NR=1

and don't you just hate that Harry >:) talented indeed

Thank you so much Trimmy - I quite liked that one too but didn't post it because of the weedy squeaky ending of my solo was a bit cringy! (run out of puff! :))) )

Re the foot-tapping - I was taught to do this at jazz classes don't think I could stop if I tried! ;}

Re Harry - such a lovely lad - confident and full of enthusiasm but modest with it :welldone - he's a rising star! :welldone:welldone