A bit new to forums...

saxnik

Hi everyone,

I've just joined the forum, although I've been a long-time admirer of Pete's online work. I was kicked into action by a pupil who said he's had a lot of useful advice from here - thought I'd get in on the action!

I'm a sax player and teacher working in the Midlands, UK, available for freelance work nationally, and teaching at my home or yours.

I currently tour the UK with a theatre Blues Brothers tribute, plus run my quartet Mulligan Soup, work as dep for Jimmy James and the Vagabonds, the Flirtations, the Vernon Sisters, Nick Ross Orchestra and various other outfits...! You might guess that Blues, Soul, Funk, Jazz, Swing and Pop form the majority of my playing work, and teaching bias, but I'm not averse to playing in a theatre pit, teaching 'classical' sax and playing quartet stuff too.

If anyone out there wants any more information, find me through this forum, or on myspace, or at my website.

Cheers!

Taz

Busking Oracle
Welcome to the cafe from another Midlander, as Dooce said, that's some CV. I look forward to hearing about your Blues Brothers outfit I must say! ;}

Luluna

Señora
Subscriber
Welcome Nick to the Cafe ~ great MySpace page - love the music - and as a lifelong fan of the Blues Brothers movie ;) I must say my favorite soundclip was the "Blues Solos" - smmmokin! :mrcool

OP
saxnik

saxnik

Thanks for the welcome...

Much appreciated everyone, very kind.

Oh, and Taz - the show I work with is Jake and Elwood, appearing at the Belgrade Theatre, Coventry on Jan 23rd, tickets selling fast, apparently, more tour dates at the website!

If you make it down, give me a shout and I'll come and find you at the interval for a chinwag.

Regards,

Nick

thehunt

Hi Nick, from a fellow Mauriat PMXT 66R player. Got a question for you, when do you use your Otto link and Berg Larsen? Do you swap them around during a gig? I'm sure you will enjoy the forum, rgds Phil

OP
saxnik

saxnik

Hi Phil,

I use the Larsen for more poppy stuff - the stage show I play with is a Blues Bros tribute, and the Link's mellow sound doesn't get past the 2kW guitar..!
I reserve the Link for jazz and big band - and no, I don't usually have to swap during gigs, one or other does the job.

Thanks for the message!

Nick

Hi Nick, from a fellow Mauriat PMXT 66R player. Got a question for you, when do you use your Otto link and Berg Larsen? Do you swap them around during a gig? I'm sure you will enjoy the forum, rgds Phil

thehunt

Thanks Nick, good advice there. You see you have earnt your keep on the first day:)))
Hi Phil,

I use the Larsen for more poppy stuff - the stage show I play with is a Blues Bros tribute, and the Link's mellow sound doesn't get past the 2kW guitar..!
I reserve the Link for jazz and big band - and no, I don't usually have to swap during gigs, one or other does the job.

Thanks for the message!

Nick

Top Bottom