PPT mouthpieces

A Ballad a Month

Hi,

I have absolutely no idea how I missed this thread for so long, but I've just been listening to a couple of the recordings, and I think it's great, really fantastic, great playing, great recording, and a wonderful idea.

Unfortunately I have a huge number of student scripts to mark this weekend and so need to keep focused on that, but the temptation is to start at the beginning and listen to everyone's recordings.

Best wishes,

Chris

Hi,

I have absolutely no idea how I missed this thread for so long, but I've just been listening to a couple of the recordings, and I think it's great, really fantastic, great playing, great recording, and a wonderful idea.

Unfortunately I have a huge number of student scripts to mark this weekend and so need to keep focused on that, but the temptation is to start at the beginning and listen to everyone's recordings.

Best wishes,

Chris

Hey Chris you're more than welcome to join in the fun..;}

Chris...

First off. I must again praise Saxade who started the thread in the first place. If I remember. It was simply about us Sax dudes playing pretty basic songs so we were at the very least being a tad creative. Well he seems to have got that one right for a start.

2nd off. I`d like to also say I like Saxades 2nd cut of " have I told You lately". Sometimes you can chose to leave a number the way it is. Sometimes you can surpass your expectations by having another go.

3rd Point. I know there are a few out there that may be struggling to meet the deadline. Well why not just submit what you have got before the end of the month then put an update in later if you feel the need. Nothing wrong with that . In fact it`s really like posting a bonus track for us to listen to.

So about March. I have chosen a classic which some folks might even think is a bit cheesy. I chose it because I actually think it has a lovely melody and also because I love my lady so much. I think if we browse about the Internet, the backing tracks and sheets will be easy to get. wikifonia etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5ruDqdZn_s

This is probably the version most of us know. It`s certainly not a Sax song but I have heard what you guys are capable of. and I think " Three times a lady" by the Commodores is going to sound nice.

Hey Chris you're more than welcome to join in the fun..;}

Chris...

I would do Chris... I would do... but you see, I got this gammy leg 'ere!

Actually, my dual processor computer decided it could function well enough on one processor, it sort of does, I type and a few seconds later the words appear on the screen. Somehow I think my recording days are over until I stump up for a new computer. There is no point having this one mended as it's running the old mac processors and practically nothing new will run it. Once I'm up and running I'll jump in.

All the best,

Chris

First off. I must again praise Saxade who started the thread in the first place. If I remember. It was simply about us Sax dudes playing pretty basic songs so we were at the very least being a tad creative. Well he seems to have got that one right for a start.

2nd off. I`d like to also say I like Saxades 2nd cut of " have I told You lately". Sometimes you can chose to leave a number the way it is. Sometimes you can surpass your expectations by having another go.

3rd Point. I know there are a few out there that may be struggling to meet the deadline. Well why not just submit what you have got before the end of the month then put an update in later if you feel the need. Nothing wrong with that . In fact it`s really like posting a bonus track for us to listen to.

Hi Clivey

This thread was started in November, it already has over 130 posts, and it will hopefully continue to grow. So I was thinking about your points above and it occurred to me, maybe it could be requested of the moderators that they set up a subsection within the 'Sound clips section' that could be 'A Ballad a Month'. Each month you start a new thread for each new tune. That way if someone wants to contribute after the set month, they can within the appropriate thread. But all 'A Ballad a Month' threads are contained within that subsection so they don't swamp the other sound clips.

Just a thought, All the best,

Chris

Great pick for next month, plus some good ideas to take this thread forwards..:thumb:As for the tune the chords and everything are wrong on " Wiki":shocked:.. I have put together a backing for the tune it's in Ab so if you get the music get the right one..I was going to put a link i the forum but I just get every man and his dog getting the track.. So if anyone wants it PM me and I will send you a link. Don't worry it's free.. It is also very long as per the original version..>:)

Chris..:D

I can see this getting messy if we're not careful,

Let's start a new thread each month, with the title as follows: 2011/11 When I fall in Love

and so on. Then anyone can have a go at an old one, but we can easily see in the forum which is current.

I'll split the current thread later on.

Thanks Pete & Kev.

Don't even know if I want to mention this because I actually LIKE that the new forum name has a typo ... "Ballad of the MOTH" ...

Such a good name for a tune, any composing types out there want to take it on?