support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

A Ballad a Month

Saxade

What do we think about posting a ballad a month... that anyone who want 's to have a go of uploading their version of a ballad selected my one of the moderators each Month....
I am saying that it be a ballad rather than a tune... because some of the great tunes can be seriously challenging... Not to say some Ballads are'nt.
A simple ballad gives the opportunity for all of us to have a go at it... play it nice and straight or embellished.. whatever... Put some challenge in our musical life :shocked:
this my example of what WE can try....
http://soundcloud.com/saxade/when-i-fall-in-love

Adrian, thanks for having a listen:thumb:, I would think it might be good if I had done one chorus of improv and tried to explain what i was thinking:confused: and why I played this that or the other. But it's hard enough thinking about playing the sax and reading for the time being.
Hopefully some more guys/girls will post and we might be able to develop the thread.;}

Chris

Lovely,:thumb: just what i wanted to here an a damp afternoon in Manchester:D. The Old Conn, seemed to enjoy that. Then again I think the player did as well. You sounded in control all the way through the tune and it came over very well.:welldone Thanks for posting..

Chris

A ballad a month, I love the idea :)
Here's my effort on the subject: When I Fall In Love
This is made with my old Yanagisawa Tenor/PPT No 9 (Could easily be translated to: Love potion No 9) and a backingtrack from Standardstrax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Rune what can I say, lovely,:welldone very smooth, total control and nice phrasing round the melody second time round:welldone. A pleasure to listen to.:welldone

Chris

Ee gadds we've got some talent on this website! These are all superb and very listenable versions, all subtly different, all very personal. You guy's have set the bar at a very high standard, I hope this doesn't stop some of the newer and less experienced members from posting their versions.

Here is my crack at it then...
On Alto and played about with for artistic liscense :w00t:
A very special thank you to Chris for

A) Making me look at the thread
B) supplying the backing track
C) Making me get off my butt and have a go!
:thumb::thumb::thumb: Cheers Chris

http://www.swifter.force9.co.uk/Music_files/When%20I%20fall%20in%20love.mp3

Last edited: