All profit supporting   special needs music
  • For copyright reasons, please only upload your tracks to Wikiloops.

You can then embed the tracks here, there is no need to use the Wikiloops share code, just paste the URL into the message and an embed player will be created automatically.

Folk, World #79

Wade Cornell

Wade Cornell

Locality
New Zealand and Australia
This one has hidden within it a reference to a very old tune in the second half. The guitar is in open D turning and playing in a style very similar to Hawaiian "Slack Key" guitar. There is a story to this particular track. It's an unrehearsed jam recorded live but edited down. The guitarist did this simple 12 note loop (all one key/chord) that we both played against... simple. This was the day after part of my hose burn down, so I was in a very emotional state while playing this. It took more than a year of my life to build the house...still makes me very emotional when I hear this track.
This is (potentially) an interesting exercise as it's all one chord, no changes or variation except what you bring to it. Can you make this interesting and add a melody and flow within such a restricted palate?
Soprano and tenor play in E Major, sopranino, alto and baritone are in B Major. 1st track with sax, 2nd without.
This track is embedded with the friendly permission by the creatives on wikiloops.com
View: https://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack-jam-13407.php

This track is embedded with the friendly permission by the creatives on wikiloops.com
View: https://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack-jam-13406.php