All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

67 and first sax.

arock

While researching my new to me La Monte Superior Alto, made in Holland, I found this web site. It has been helpfull for me.
I have played Clarinet since 1955. Bought a Tenor Sax 30 years ago but could not adapt to the mouth piece. It was stolen shortly after I bought it. This Alto Sax feels much closer to what I feel comfortable with. I think I am going to like it a lot. I don't think I am too old to start a new Horn. I have never been a pro. Just have fun at home with friends and family.
I am in the middle of a repad and polish job. This is the before photo.

View attachment 1786

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Arock.

With a name like that, you'll blow us all away.:thumb:

ENJOY!​™

Taz

Busking Oracle
Welcome to the cafe, and before anyone else asks ('cos were nosey like that round 'ere) what music do you like and what are your influences?
Enjoy the cafe, I'll see you around for a mocca chocca wotsit sometime.

TomMapfumo

I'm happy to buy you a Triple Kamikaze Flappaccino if you are ever down in Skabertawe!
Big Welcome to the Cafe and glad that you are enjoying learning the alto sax - the only sax designed for playing with the mouth without resulting in oral deformity!

Kind regards
Tom

Zeus

Welcome Arock! It's never too late for anything, in this world we live in. You did wisely, only happiness can comeout from this.

arock

Welcome to the cafe, and before anyone else asks ('cos were nosey like that round 'ere) what music do you like and what are your influences?
Enjoy the cafe, I'll see you around for a mocca chocca wotsit sometime.
Thanks all for the welcome. That's nice.
Taz. I also play Harmonica so natuarally I love Blues. I grew up on USA Country Music and enjoy Country Rock. Most Sax players seem to be into Jazz but I never went that direction. My favorite Clarinet player was Pete Fountain. I sat next to a record player and praticed his songs one line at a time.
I spent a lot of time on Cattle Ranches in the Western U.S. I guess you could call me a Cowboy, but not the Rodeo kind.

flukeyluke

Welcome mate :) im new to the sax too and have had my alto for a couple of weeks now and im LOVING it,hope you have fun around the forum,great bunch on here.

Luke

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Good to have another another oldie (like me!) hanging around. Sax is easier than clarinet, so you'll do just fine.

What

Welcome to the forum, and heck no you're not too old to pick up a new horn. The sax hunts carefully before it strikes. It can strike at any time, but once it's got you it's got ya good. Enjoy the forum the people here are top notch.

navarro

Hi Arock Welcome to the cafe. Oldie/newbie myself. Great support and advice from all here. Regds N.

BigMartin

Welcome, arock. I know you're not a jazz fan, but...
Whenever I start to worry about my age and being a late starter, I listen to this. Benny Carter at 87 or 88.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom