support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

66 and a new comer !!!

chekre

Hi, yep 66 and pick my alto back up agin last time played I was about 30 and only played for 3 years, I am having a blast now and find I can concentrate better and am more disciplined I do have a bunch of questions, where would i ask!!!!????

Welcome to the Café and back to the alto. There is a ton of knowledge here that will be happily shared. And you will have a lot of fun too!

thanks all I am having so much fun each and every day and can't wait to get home and play, I still go to the office everyday, we sell shopping centers all over the place, well at least we try been doing that for a very long time, not rich, just have not had to punch a time card since 1969 getting married and having 5 kid's put the damper on my Selmer Paris mark 6, that I sold to help with the down payment of my first house, I think I got $700 for it!!! yikes..now I am play a YAS 23 and I like it too....

Hello! I'm also 66 years and returning to sax (tenor, since May) after laying off 25 years. Yes, I agree with GCinCT: there's a wealth of information, wisdom, and readiness to share those. Have fun!

Not only do you have a great bunch of folks here, but many of us are in our "golden years" as well. Youth is indeed wasted on the young if they're not motivated to practice as much as they can :old:

Welcome! In my 60's as well. Thought you might want to know that there is a website dedicated to the Selmer Paris Mark VI. Easy to remember selmerparismarkvi.com. Serial numbers, gallery, etc. Just found it. I see the YAS 23 mentioned often. Must be a great beginner/intermediate level sax at least. I think this is the best place to get questions answered as there are some great experienced players here (but not me!). All seem to share the experience and want to help!

Back
Top Bottom