4th July in Trieste (Italy)

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
It took me 25 years to get a gig in my hometown.
Finally, in a beautiful location, during the festival "Trieste Love Jazz" I got it!

It is still outside the M25, but it's not bad at all.
Not at all.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
I hadn't twigged, of course, great players but I'm sure Mr T will shine with them :)

Jx
I have my own quartet, from Italy.
People I haven't played with for 15 years and I am looking forward to.

Almost the band from my first album (I had to find a dep for the bass player)

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
So I say to the wife... "We haven't organised our summer holiday. How do you fancy Trieste? . See Aldevis play. Go and see Northern Itly and adjacent regions. "Delicious white wines"..................

She's excited. I'm excited. Even the offspring are excited

I even mentioned the chance of (me) visiting Mr Buttus' Sequoia emporium, pockets stuffed with fivers, and she smiled serenely

So @aldevis at the gig you might spot a gaggle of pasty Brits, with knotted handkerchief on heads, swigging wine from the bottle, complaining loudly about the heat and sweating profusely through your solos

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
So I say to the wife... "We haven't organised our summer holiday. How do you fancy Trieste? . See Aldevis play. Go and see Northern Itly and adjacent regions. "Delicious white wines"..................

She's excited. I'm excited. Even the offspring are excited

I even mentioned the chance of (me) visiting Mr Buttus' Sequoia emporium, pockets stuffed with fivers, and she smiled serenely

So @aldevis at the gig you might spot a gaggle of pasty Brits, with knotted handkerchief on heads, swigging wine from the bottle, complaining loudly about the heat and sweating profusely through your solos
Mr Buttus is a master in recommending places in the area, and don't forget Venice, Slovenia, Croatia and Austria less than two hours drive away...
The only thing to keep in mind is that we will be attending the World Saxophone Congress in Zagreb (10-14/7). Not suitable for non saxophonists, and even saxophonists can suffer.

@David Roach and I had dinner here, a couple of times. So far my favourite place, particularly if you let the waiter match wines with the orders
Agriturismo Scacciapensieri - Marina Danieli Estate

Last edited:
Top Bottom