support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

3 years ago...

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
In the same week that I had my first Sax lesson (Jan 2009) I also went to my first woodwork class.

Attached are photos of my second project - at 2 hours per week term-time only, this has taken me about 2 years, but it is now finished and installed in the hallway at home.

View attachment 1224 View attachment 1225

I'm not sure which I am better at, playing the sax or wookword. Either way, I am loving them both :D :welldone

That's really impressive. Congratulations. :welldone:welldone:welldone:welldone.

I'm not sure which I am better at, playing the sax or wookword. Either way, I am loving them both

If you don't mind me asking Mandy, what is wookword :confused::shocked::w00t:>:)

That looks a very nice Mandy :welldone Congrats :welldone You must be attaining a very high level on the sax :sax:

In the same week that I had my first Sax lesson (Jan 2009) I also went to my first woodwork class.

Attached are photos of my second project - at 2 hours per week term-time only, this has taken me about 2 years, but it is now finished and installed in the hallway at home.

View attachment 1224 View attachment 1225

I'm not sure which I am better at, playing the sax or wookword. Either way, I am loving them both :D :welldone
Looks pretty good, better than your typing anyway>:)

:w00t: Blimey girl ... :welldone you're really good ... :clapping: Smashing ... :thumb:

Well done Mandy, how do you find the time?

Jx

beautiful, looks like dovetails on the bottom draw too, an impressive piece of work. Thats about 100hrs work if you take out set up and put away time which is pretty good going for a piece that complex. well done.

Next, Mandy's Wooden Saxophones? >:)

That's a beautiful piece of craftwomanship! :mrcool

Have you insured your fingers? :shocked:;}:w00t:

Lovely work ....I hope the sax progress is as impressive.

To all, thank you for your lovely comments...even about my dubious typo ... :D

Fingers are not insured... maybe I could look into that. :shocked:

As for time - having spent 8 years as a single mum working full-time (my children were 4, 6 and 8 when I started plate-spinning), 3 years ago I was lucky enough to marry a wonderful man who is able to keep me in the manner I'd like to become accustomed. :))) :welldone :thumb:

My oldest child went off to Uni this year, so day-time is all mine.
Evenings and weekends I am taxi-driver, chief coach, biggest fan etc to my children. :))) :)))

A stunning piece of work for three years experience. Never mind the carping about your typing - you've done wonders to get this far with a full complement of fingers! My efforts seem to stall at rabbit hutches, breadboards (dead easy) and turned table lamps.
But I've got a left hand with more suture marks that I've had hot dinners and my own chair in A & E. I'm sure your teacher has taught you the two most important rules in woodworking - "measure twice and cut once" and "hold sharp tools with both hands".

Dave

Well done Mandy :thumb: that is an excellent peice of furniture, you should be very proud
:welldone

"measure twice and cut once"

My woodwork teacher use to have a similar saying his being "measure twice and one for good measure" :)

Hiya PD, long time no post.

Surely Mandy's ability suggests a coffin would be more appropriate.

What a lovely and well made piece of furniture, i was looking at it thinking THAT is just what i want for my hall! looks like Oak, have you put anything on it yet? i mean a few years ago i laid a solid oak floor in my dining room and although it looked great it really looked the business with some Danish oil on it...