support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

2014/04 - TENDERLY

U CAN CALL ME AL

Café Supporter
Locality
Undy Monmouthshire U.K.
2014/04 - TENDERLY

I first thought it an April fool wind up. It was a great surprise and privilege to be asked to suggest a title for April BOM.

This month I have chosen "TENDERLY". My own favourite version is by Chet Baker (look him up on You tube).

All the hard work has been done for us, as usual by Chris, to whom I am indebted for providing the dots, excellent backings. To encourage participation of those unfamiliar with the tune Chris has also provided guide tracks. There are two versions, Chris has worked doubly hard this month, one in 3/4 and another in 4/4. Take your pick, files are available from the link:-

I'm looking forward to hearing your efforts and participating, feel free to use your own backings if you prefer. Keep posting and stay tuned there will be more backing tracks later.​

Remember it's a ballad, here is a fine example for us all. Have fun.​

Last edited:
Alun great choice of ballad and very nice first posting,:thumb: the link works as well:thumb:

Chris..

Another month another Great number. thanks AL, and thanks Chris for providing the goodies.

Great tune.
Will try to get in on this one.
Sarah Vaughan does this one well.
As does Dexter and Ben Webster.

I promised I would have a go this month, so am posting here now with a view to following the thread.
I'll be back with my attempt later in the month. :oops:

Nice tone Chris which I can only describe as deliberate if that makes sense.

I grew up with the Muppet version of this, was quite surprised when I learned it wasn't the original :oops: Will have a go at this one!

Thanks Alun & Chris for all your work on this - I'll definitely give it a go as I love this song. I won't be able to post the results as I don't have a recording gizmo - besides, I can't compete with the Muppets! ;)

Thanks Alun & Chris for all your work on this - I'll definitely give it a go as I love this song. I won't be able to post the results as I don't have a recording gizmo - besides, I can't compete with the Muppets! ;)
Lets face it, who can compete with the Muppets?
Apart from maybe Bert and Ernie.

https://soundcloud.com/mandyh/tenderly-mah-take-1

well, I played the dots once to get a feel, then switched on the Zoom and recorded whatever came out!
I realised towards the end that I had no idea how long it was and when the end was due!

this is quite literally a first take!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mandy

Good, for a first take, hope it isn't your last.

I, like you,used to record straight into a Zoom and I rate it very highly as a piece of kit especially at gigs where I use it a lot. Since contributing to BOM & IOTM I find I get better results using a USB mic and audacity (free) direct into my Mac. It is possible I believe to use the Zoom as a mic direct into a PC or Mac although I've never tried it.

Alun

@ The three of you. All good
Nice 1st go.

Well done especially and well played to Mandy , Hope to hear updates later in the Month.

I`m going to try and discipline myself this month and wait until I really get the thing under my skin before I post as opposed to recording every take I do. ( heres hoping eh?)

Back
Top Bottom