All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

2013/4 - Virgo

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Well heres my pick.Something fresh and i think fantastic.Wayne Shorters Virgo.Will be nice to hear the versions.Hope yous like.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clivey

Locality
Edinburgh/Hot Rock off African Coast
Re: Ballad Of The Month ... April 2013...Virgo

Well heres my pick.Something fresh and i think fantastic.Wayne Shorters Virgo.Will be nice to hear the versions.Hope yous like.

I love it , I don`t know if I`m up to it though. We`ll have to see what BT`s become available. The head itself seems OK .I`ll need to find out more about this number.

phew the sheets on Wiki.
http://www.wikifonia.org/node/7019

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Locality
Manchester,England

Interesting pick Davey. It should be fun, Clivey I'm not convinced the 'wiki' score is right.. It doesn't match the RB version. As for tracks well I've just finished a slow(55) version of this just a couple of choruses long..

OP
D

daveysaxboy

I love it , I don`t know if I`m up to it though. We`ll have to see what BT`s become available. The head itself seems OK .I`ll need to find out more about this number.

phew the sheets on Wiki.
http://www.wikifonia.org/node/7019
Checkout Amazon.Theres zillions of jazz backing tracks for 69p to 89p.At times you have to look about.

OP
D

daveysaxboy

Interesting pick Davey. It should be fun, Clivey I'm not convinced the 'wiki' score is right.. It doesn't match the RB version. As for tracks well I've just finished a slow(55) version of this just a couple of choruses long..
Cant see the piont in picking a well worn standard.I would rather find a not so well known gem of a tune,and here it is.

allansto

Locality
Frankston Victoria Australia

Hey guys
Thought I might throw in an observation
I think you`ll find that alot of the wikiphonia stuff can be a little dodgy sometimes.
A note here and there , the words aer`nt always right etc,etc,
Be carefull
Regards
AllanSto

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
OhNo! What have I done lol

I knew you'd pick something I've never heard.

I like this BOTM thing. It can pull you right out of your comfort zone and introduce us to new artists and genres.

Thank heavens for Youtube

OP
D

daveysaxboy

OhNo! What have I done lol

I knew you'd pick something I've never heard.

I like this BOTM thing. It can pull you right out of your comfort zone and introduce us to new artists and genres.

Thank heavens for Youtube
Did you really expect me to pick say a tune like Misty or any other well know tune.Keep ya on your toes and enlighting you's with some not so well know pure magical tunes.And it is.My version wont be for a little while.Afew days ago at my funk fusion band rehearsal i blew soooo loud i've popped my bottom lip.Huge lump on 1 side.Done this a few times before but you have to rock D house man.Hey its very sore i say.Gig tomorrow night and i'm dreading it.Will have to do a Kenny G and play on 1 side of my big fat gob !!!!!!!!!!!

MLoosemore

Deluded Senior Member...
Locality
Spalding Lincs
Oh good.... the sheet on Wikifonia is invisible.... That gives me an excuse to leave April to the Pro's

MLoosemore

Deluded Senior Member...
Locality
Spalding Lincs
To quote from Kev's email...

"...still in concert pitch. And, just to add to your enjoyment, the coda sign is missing. Looks as if it should be at the last but one bar (39), but you never know"

So I think 'sorted' is not quite right.... More like 'screwed'

Back to the Beginners recordings thread for me then

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Locality
Manchester,England
Had a quick read through. Rewrote some of the melody 'I Know before you say it'. This is what I ended up with http://snd.sc/YK5fUn Will try and get another version in that doesn't ruin a good Ballad..

Chris...

Di in France

Locality
France
I've just looked through my books and found this in my Real book, but for some really blinkin annoying reason, It's not on the cd!! :w00t:
I've searched for the last hour and can't find a backing track. Does anyone have the backing track either from the vol 33 aebersold or something in the same key as my sheet music which is in the key of C major for alto sax.

Clivey

Locality
Edinburgh/Hot Rock off African Coast
I've just looked through my books and found this in my Real book, but for some really blinkin annoying reason, It's not on the cd!! :w00t:
I've searched for the last hour and can't find a backing track. Does anyone have the backing track either from the vol 33 aebersold or something in the same key as my sheet music which is in the key of C major for alto sax.

I do know that if you transpose the sheet on Wiki "that`s why I love Wiki" to D then you can use it with Chris`s BT. if you PM him .While I`m On. My hat off to Chris for getting in so fast with this one. It`s not an easy piece but I`m sure it will be rewarding so I hope people do try and have a shot.

MLoosemore

Deluded Senior Member...
Locality
Spalding Lincs
I do know that if you transpose the sheet on Wiki "that`s why I love Wiki" to D then you can use it with Chris`s BT. if you PM him .While I`m On. My hat off to Chris for getting in so fast with this one. It`s not an easy piece but I`m sure it will be rewarding so I hope people do try and have a shot.
Wiki has been playing up for days now, not showing me any sheets. But this morning it works and having looked at the transpositions I think if I did attempt anything it might have to be on Alto as the Tenor part goes into realms of fingering that I haven't even dreamt of yet. :)

OP
D

daveysaxboy

Yea Chris is called the Smooth Operater in my book.Very chilled.Such a lush song,who picked it !!!!!!!!!! Good job Chris.

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Locality
Manchester,England
Di, thanks for that. Davey, yes you picked it, still had to tinker with the melody places though. Hope the lip soon gets better though..

Chris..

ArtyLady

Locality
Essex
I fancy a go at this - can anyone recommend me the cheapest zoom type recorder? I only have my phone :(

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom
test6