PPT mouthpieces

2013/11 - Misty

Re: Botm november 2013

I decided to upgrade a little with mic I'm using. I ordered the Elvis TBone from thomann. It's quite pretty mic and good value. You get one for the money and one for the show. Will it perform?

I thought I had Misty off pat but can't remember the last time I played it. Rusty player and a new mic.

Nice Colin , really liked that version.

Jx

Last edited:
Thanks John, Davey and Jeanette.

I must say that although the backing group are still having difficulty keeping time with me I am certainly feeling a lot more relaxed than when I posted my first BOTM efforts.

I felt that my tone was better on this track although that could be down to changing my Rico 2 for a Vandoren. A slightly harder blow but it seems to produce a deeper sound.

Compliments to John for his choice again as this was the first time I have managed to print off the music and play top to bottom first time...

@AlanT, good toe tapping version. & years is a long time it will be interesting to hear the difference
@Colin, that's the Colin I'm used to hearing, very nice:thumb:. Bit short though>:)
@Mark, good effort:thumb:, perhaps using the guide track might help get things together for you??

Chris..

I must say that although the backing group are still having difficulty keeping time with me I am certainly feeling a lot more relaxed than when I posted my first BOTM efforts.

I felt that my tone was better on this track although that could be down to changing my Rico 2 for a Vandoren. A slightly harder blow but it seems to produce a deeper sound.

Compliments to John for his choice again as this was the first time I have managed to print off the music and play top to bottom first time...

It's coming. The improvement is steady. Vandoren are slightly harder than rico for the same strength on the packet. Vandoren blue are fench cut same as rico royal. The standard orange are american cut. You can feel the difference and some mouthpieces suit one more than the other.

This isn't the best comparison chart but it lets you compare some popular makes.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...a=X&ei=a-p0UsfwHaaM7Abyy4GgCQ&ved=0CDgQ9QEwAw

Good to hear you feel a jump in the right direction. That's the key and the more you record the more you will see this route.

Should have said earlier, I liked your tone on this one:)

Jx

Kerching... :)

678x450-16_48_56_untitled_hat-4.jpg

When you can play like that who needs a backing track I thought that was superb ...John

ps just had to listen to it one more time for good measure your true talent becomes patently obvious an absolute joy to listen to

Last edited by a moderator: