All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

2013/11 - Misty

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi everyone

As I have said previously I have been given the honour of picking the BOTM for November and very undeservedly too I might add hence my little contribution, which I must say actually went quite well as far as the recording went, even if the end result was nothing like hoped for, but it's a starting point to be improved on, I thank you all for your generous comments and hope to improve in the coming months.

I would like to say I think we have a great little forum here for all of us,be it beginner intermediate or pro level players with something for everybody and would like to thank Pete for setting it up and all his hard work in running it and our two moderators for their work.

One of the best parts in my opinion is our BOTM which gives us all the opportunity to have a go and put something out there regardless of your standard without getting burnt at the stake for it, there seems to be a strong core of participants always willing to have a go and I'm sure we all love their contributions,one stalwart that needs a mention as a beginner is Mloosemore always willing to have a go,please keep it up.

I hope my choice for this month will encourage a lot more to have a go and perhaps some of our lady members might like to give Di and ArtyLady a hand,I'm sure there a many of you that are very capable of putting something together and surprise us all.

THE BOTM FOR THIS MONTH IS......DA DA............. MISTY

Chris has worked his usual amazing magic and provided all the stuff you need to have a go which I will try to put a link to it ASAP .

I hope you like the choice and have a go at it lets make this the biggest month yet, was hoping to put the title in large coloured font but can't figure out how to do it, pc's and me don't really mix .....good luck.....John

Last edited by a moderator:

trimmy

One day i will...
Re: Botm november 2013

Good choice John :)

I can't paste it on my phone but check out 'wanglemusic' on youtube been a favourite of mine as is the tune

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber

Great choice of tune John. I feel sure that this month will be very good..

Chris..

Colin the Bear

Ooooh! My Favourite. In Eb too. Great. I like learning new tunes but its so much easier when I can concentrate on the playing and recording. Cheers John.

To add colours, highlight the area and click the A like this

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower

Everybody knows this and for a good reason, its a true classic. Great choice. Very expected but with it being so good what did you expect. There will be a lot of lush versions indeed.

daveysaxboy

@gladsaxisme... I hope now your with us recording you don't go missing. Your here with us café cats now so be loud and proud and keep recording dude :welldone

daveysaxboy

Ok lets get John's month going early:thumb:

http://snd.sc/1aqMGMr

Chris..
Me and you are just addicted to the red light dude. Your chops are sounding very strong here. Its a tune that needs good lip,air work and your doing sweet. Nothing rushed. All flowing very nice. Nice tenor tones.

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber

Thanks for the quick listen and the comments Dave. I was going to say I like blowing my own trumpet but I'm playing the sax:))):)))>:) OK no more jokes honest..

Chris..

MLoosemore

Deluded Senior Member...

Very nice Chris. Just need John to return with the link for the backing track etc...

daveysaxboy

Heres a run through in a smooth jazz vibe, here ya go....

Kobi

Heres a run through in a smooth jazz vibe, here ya go....

Great smooth jazz version with nice edgy peaks and full of energy. I love your screaming bluesy high notes.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber

Great stuff both you cats I knew everyone would be chomping at the bit to do a rendition of this one "well I hoped you would anyway"

Chris that was ooh sooo smooth

Davey one of your usual masterpieces ......certainly gives everybody something to aim for both of you.

I was hoping to bang in a quicky to start at a lower standard but you've beat me to it hope everyone gives it a try ....john

jrintaha

So where's the backing track? Or am I missing something? I'll try to make myself some time to have a go at it in the weekend.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber

So where's the backing track? Or am I missing something? I'll try to make myself some time to have a go at it in the weekend.
Very sorry I got tied up on something else yesterday when I intended to put it in Box for everybody so I will do it today all being well, I knew you would all be dying to give this a shot and remember you have all month and beyond good luck,the guys that have posted have their own backing tracks, my apologies again ...John

Ps I should add that my pc skills are very limited so it's all new to me

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom