support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

2013/10 - I`m A Fool To Want You

Clivey

Locality
Edinburgh/Hot Rock off African Coast
Well only hours of september left so here goes with Octobers BOTM. Moose handed me the Black Spot for this month & I`ve picked the very Noir and co-penned by Sinatra . “I`m A Fool To Want You”
It`s on Wikifonia. http://www.wikifonia.org/node/1531

2 flats Bb for Tenor
1 flat F for Alto. “You`ll need to take the sheet up an octave”
If you want to use the backing track that I`ve done ( probably not LOL)

I`ve done a very quick but needy Band in a Box one for download at https://soundcloud.com/cliveyx but there are others out there including this one on youtube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJH8nT-8vpo

Hopefully Chris will arrive with some better goodies after he has finished with his Flitting.

You tube has loads of nice version for inspiration including.

I hope you folks have much fun on this as I hope to have.

OH KEV or Chris could you fix the title of the thread for me . please Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 2013/09 - I`m A Fool To Love You

sounds like a good choice! Thanks.

Re: 2013/10 - I`m A Fool To Love You

:bigapplause:

Nice one Clivey... First play through and I found all the notes... Now to get them talking to each other :)

Hi Folks. I`ve just tidied the backing track I uploaded a little, slowed it to 85bpm and reduced it to 2 chorus`s.

In case anyone wonders. LOL

Never played this tune but I like it a lot.Dexter D man kills it,superb as ever.Heres Heres a quicky version I just knocked off.Hope yo enjoy.

Holy Moly Davey. Still a few hours to go until the midnight hour and your posting . LOL. I Like the Pace mood and feel you put into all your ballads these days. Looks like the Horn is the keeper you were searching for. It`s a good sign when you are making 6 and a half minutes go in so quickly for me .

I might try and slow down the Backing I am using. Unless Chris arrives with a more tempting one

Well done Davey... Not even October and here you are with 'a quicky' to make me feel very ineffectual.

But I am not daunted... Tune in during October to hear my latest offering showing the unrivalled talent and musicality of a flatulent walrus :)

Holy Moly Davey. Still a few hours to go until the midnight hour and your posting . LOL. I Like the Pace mood and feel you put into all your ballads these days. Looks like the Horn is the keeper you were searching for. It`s a good sign when you are making 6 and a half minutes go in so quickly for me .

I might try and slow down the Backing I am using. Unless Chris arrives with a more tempting one

Yea I thought i'd beat our Chris to 1st stabs for a change :))):))):))) finished recording a couple of tunes and thought why not jump on this.Very nice pick indeed.
As for the horn I am planning on another 82Z next year but i'm not selling this 62.Its freaky good indeed.

Well done Davey... Not even October and here you are with 'a quicky' to make me feel very ineffectual.

But I am not daunted... Tune in during October to hear my latest offering showing the unrivalled talent and musicality of a flatulent walrus :)

And I said no more recording !!!!!!!!!!!!! for a while.I'm full of sh#t for sure.LOL'SSSSSS.

Great selections. This is an amazing ballad and one of my favorite Dexter Gordon's recording.

Another beautiful tune :)

@davey - simply gorgeous

two more now, It is a great tune, good choice, I'm embarrassed to say I'd never heard it before.

Ok, after this post, I can paste the link (i need five posts) Just to say that the backing track here is from the Hal Leonard Real Book playalongs (volume 2) It is OK, it kind of forces the phrasing a bit in places though

Back
Top Bottom