support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

2013/02 "Don't it make my brown eyes blue" - Crystal Gale

Filton

Locality
Hampshire, UK
Something a little different perhaps but hopefully a tune with a bit of space for imagination and moving around from the melody a bit.

Apologies I haven't had a chance to find any sheet for it yet, but I am sure it is on Wikifonia etc for those that like the dots.

Anyways, hopefully it will give some fun :)

Anyone that would like a backing track so they can post there version just pm me. It uses the "Wiki" changes and is x2 choruses..

Chris...

Time for a little "Cafeoke". On wet Friday afternoon what else can be better>:).. Had a quick play through this months "Ballad" here is the link DeadAudiolink Removed

Chris..

Then again..

Nice one Chris, great sort of foggy tone.... playing through a sock? :) No seriously I liked it

Hi all,

as I'm turning 50 in a few days and are currently suffering from a severe GAS attack, I bought myself a £1200 Beusher 400 (1978) Bari as a mid-life-crises treat :)

Result: Don't it make my brown eyes blue

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice version Chris. Thanks for the backing track, I'm presuming you're using the wiki sheet music?

Hi all,

as I'm turning 50 in a few days and are currently suffering from a severe GAS attack, I bought myself a £1200 Beusher 400 (1978) Bari as a mid-life-crises treat :)

Great sound, like it! Where did you get your backing track, it's different from the one Chris sent me.

@Rune, you can't beat a liitle GAS. It sounds very good, you seem to be finding your way around it very well. Lovely:thumb:

@Di, yes the dots are from "Wiki"

Chris...

Can I ask a question about all these backing tracks?
I've searched for them and there are lots of sites to download them, but how do I know if they're in the right key? If it's a stupid question, apologies, but, for instance, this track ( brown eyes blue) is in Dmaj for the tenor, so I need a backing track in Dmaj right? How do I get a track in the right key?

If you search karaoke tracks on you tube you'll find all sorts of stuff. Lots of backing tracks there too. Play them and record into audacity. Click effects, pitch change, pick a key. If you move it too far it may distort but a tone or two works fine.

It sounds great on a big reed rudjarl

My effort on a small reed

DeadAudiolink Removed

If you search karaoke tracks on you tube you'll find all sorts of stuff. Lots of backing tracks there too. Play them and record into audacity. Click effects, pitch change, pick a key. If you move it too far it may distort but a tone or two works fine.

It sounds great on a big reed rudjarl

My effort on a small reed

DeadAudiolink Removed

Do you mean buy them and then import to audacity?

Nice Stuff Guys.. Rune a treat with baritone:) Everybody else V good and so quick off the mark

Filton. cheers for calling this. We could be playing "the same old same old" but It`s a real fun thing to do the BOTM our way instead. Now I must get back to my last 3 bars of Erik Satie GYm No1;} they are the hardest bit IMHO on Piano.

Hi all,

Awesome man
Dont forget to add this to your signiture

nice tunes .......everyone.!!!
allansto.

Do you mean buy them and then import to audacity?

No. Stuff you buy is write protected and can't be messed about with on audacity. Just like when you used to record the top 20 off the radio, hit play on youtube while hitting the record button on audacity to create a new file. On the input drop down menu select cmedia wave device wave. Don't forget to set it back to microphone when you make your next recording of the sax.​

Back
Top Bottom