support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

2013/01 Strangers In The Nights

Gallen

Locality
Montreal, QC, Canada.
Hi all!
I got chosen by Chris for this month's ballad, and the one I'm picking is "Strangers In The Night". A nice slow piece :D

Here's the lead sheets up on Wikifonia:

Eb Lead Sheet
Bb Lead Sheet

Have fun with this, and have a great new year ahead!

I'm thinking 'The Bear' will be liking this one :)

I like it as well..... it has all the 'easy' notes in it, sounds good played slowly... so with 31 days left in January I just might attempt to record it. If that happens it will only be note for note.... none of that fancy 'improv' stuff :)

I'm glad someone likes it >:):))):))):))) good job i'm a old muso slut who will play anything for money or work :))):))):))):))) i better get my benders and red high heels on for recording this tune.:shocked:>:)

So much goodness, so little time... (Really just posting so I can peek at Chris' backup music for this project.

Hi all
Happy New Year

I have to say it amuses me when I listen to some instrumental players, and I use that term as opposed to musicians. In the context of what is deemed a suitable piece of music that they would consider good enough for them to consider it worth there input to play. In my mind it is more of a challenge to express what is primarily a vocal tune ( ie repeated phrasing and a strong lyrical connection to the melody) than to spew out lots of repeated licks and not very interesting improvisations.
Brave choice for TOTM.
This is a commercial album from a respected musician and Tenor player.
BTW . People pay money for this album. People like myself.

Denis solee
Strangers in the night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpEWSRLKd2E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

So much goodness, so little time... (Really just posting so I can peek at Chris' backup music for this project.

Happy New Year, Gandalfe. You might have a wait for a track, I don't do lush strings. You'll have to join in.>:)

Chris..

I've done it before, but not for a long time. It is a lot of work and those who haven't done it before usually have no idea the time it takes to do a good job. Be well.

Hi all
Happy New Year

I have to say it amuses me when I listen to some instrumental players, and I use that term as opposed to musicians. In the context of what is deemed a suitable piece of music that they would consider good enough for them to consider it worth there input to play. In my mind it is more of a challenge to express what is primarily a vocal tune ( ie repeated phrasing and a strong lyrical connection to the melody) than to spew out lots of repeated licks and not very interesting improvisations.
Brave choice for TOTM.
This is a commercial album from a respected musician and Tenor player.
BTW . People pay money for this album. People like myself.

Denis solee
Strangers in the night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpEWSRLKd2E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Then again if a person or musician or instumental player ,you got me stumped on that qoute i must say does not like the giving song he or she has the right to say that on here.Of coures its then up to them to rise above that and perform to there best and make it there own.Can you explain what you mean from a musician compared to a instrumental player please.In the end for me any persons learning,playing to any level is a musician.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a huge store off karaoke version tracks for my solo gigs and there very good indeed i think.They serve me very well.
Well, I wish I had them.
The ones I've sampled have turned me off even attempting any improv on this tune - I'd love something less schmaltzy and less synth overall. Am I being picky? Possibly.

Well, I wish I had them.
The ones I've sampled have turned me off even attempting any improv on this tune - I'd love something less schmaltzy and less synth overall. Am I being picky? Possibly.

Not picky its what you like that counts.For this tune picked they have 3 versions which for me do the job well.The hard and important bit is for us is to play our horn over the track next and make it sound even better.Most of the huge tracks i bought off them are pop tunes and for my solo wedding gigs there great.It also helps i've got a great huge PA rig and other great smaller PA options to use.I've also got some nice chilled jazzy stuff off them.Check out Amazon as you can buy a single Jamey Aebersold track for well under £1.00 .They have loads of Aebersold stuff on.For most of my jazz stuff i use Amazon.co.uk

happy new year to all
Well thanks Gallen !!!!!!!
Thanks because a tune has been selected that....... !
1. I actually like
2. is playable by me .
3. Is not from the museum.
4. as a relative beginner i feel that i can have ago at.
5. I have heard before.
Yes ive been playing for about 18 months now but Im a slow learner.

Any how Ive found a recording studio nearby that is cheap by the hour. and I wont have to spend like $1000 on recording gear or heaps of time learning how to drive it to sound half decent .
So I can practice at home and then just book in and the tech will do the rest.............I hope
Regards Allansto

Regarding the backing track. I couldn't capture the youtube clip but think I have managed to do it now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom