All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

2012/12- "Autumn Leaves"

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
This months tune will be Autumn Leaves, I know its been done to death but its been done by some great players in the past:thumb:..Anyone wanting to do something different and looking for a backing, PM me and we will work something out( I hope).. Looking forward to loads of different versions..:)

As Davey picked me early. I will pick Gallen to call the first tune of the new year..

Chris...

Last edited by a moderator:

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
This months tune will be Autumn Leaves, I know its been done to death but its been done by some great players in the past:thumb:..Anyone wanting to do something different and looking for a backing, PM me and we will work something out( I hope).. Looking forward to loads of different versions..:)

As Davey picked me early. I will pick Gallen for the first tune of the new year..

Chris...

Done to death is a fair stab at it.Hey ho its your call so we must obey but what ya thinking >:)
cheeky me

daveysaxboy

PS, the sound clip squad are still waiting for you Kev,get your ballad in,theres still time.

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Well, its December, everyone gets busy.:w00t: An easy tune means we shouldn't be trying to get it done at the last minute. That's all I was thinking:thumb:.. As for the odd>:) big name to have done this tune here are a few.

Ben Webster, Chet Baker
Paul Desmond, Stan Getz
Artie Shaw, Bill Evans
Cannonball Adderley, Benny Golson
Johnnny Hodges, Miles Davis
Wynton Marsalis, Oscar Peterson
McCoy Tyner, and last of all John Coltrane...

You're not being cheeky Davey at all. It was a valid comment..

Chris..

btw Kev, we're still waiting???

daveysaxboy

Well, its December, everyone gets busy.:w00t: An easy tune means we shouldn't be trying to get it done at the last minute. That's all I was thinking:thumb:.. As for the odd>:) big name to have done this tune here are a few.

Ben Webster, Chet Baker
Paul Desmond, Stan Getz
Artie Shaw, Bill Evans
Cannonball Adderley, Benny Golson
Johnnny Hodges, Miles Davis
Wynton Marsalis, Oscar Peterson
McCoy Tyner, and last of all John Coltrane...

You're not being cheeky Davey at all. It was a valid comment..

Chris..

btw Kev, we're still waiting???

I do it with my duo,solo show plus in jazz groups so i'm atad jaded now when i hear it AGAIN...:))) Nice tune i know.

Colin the Bear

Winter has just arrived as Autumn leaves.

Finally...one I know.

Can I have the backing track Chris? I don't need dots for this one.

What's Gallen?

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Café Supporter
Enjoyed that. There's nothing wrong with a classic.

Just had ago on the tenor using the Jamey Aebersold book/track. It's my first real attempt to do that with the tenor (sadly, been too busy at work / choirs / orchestra / organising a music event) to have fun with the tenor.

Do you think my mistakes could pass as improvisation? Might get somewhere with some work.... I think I need to re-visit the 'what kit do I need to record' threads...

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Hey guys thanks for the feedback.

Colin, Gallen is a member of the forum that normally posts on the Ballad thread, but I know he has never picked the tune. So I thought he could pick the Jan one..

Chris...

Fraser Jarvis

Wouldent mind having a go at the next one myself as it's so so different from what i normally play.....and it's good to be different! not to sure of the form though...does Chris provide the backing track and we all kind of have a stab at it?

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Wouldent mind having a go at the next one myself as it's so so different from what i normally play.....and it's good to be different! not to sure of the form though...does Chris provide the backing track and we all kind of have a stab at it?

Hi Fraser, you got it in one.:thumb:

So for anyone wanting to have a go at this months tune the link is in the BREAKFASTROOM

Will get you a folder with 3 backing tracks in. They all are in concert G. They all have 4 bar intro's. The slow ballad has x2 choruses. The two quicker ones have x3 choruses. Have fun, I am looking forward to a busy listening month.

Chris...

daveysaxboy

Wont do mine for a while.Loads of xmas gigs on and waiting on some big box's of pressy's off the postman ???????

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
So when's the new TJ turning up>:)??? Still sounds like you know the tune Davey, still worth listening to. Glad you lied and posted. Will just have to wait for the bossa version with the new TJ>:).

Chris...

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom