PPT mouthpieces

2012/06 - Laura

dexdex

Ok ! :thumb:
Yesterday I played at a Company's anniversary meeting, t'was a nice garden party, and someone asked for "Laura". Though I knew the tune a bit, we had never played it in that setting (sax + rhythm). We played it reading our real books. Wasn't the best version ever played:( ...
I decided it was time to work on it. So let's pick it for this month.

Re: 2012/05.. God Bless The Child

Ok ! :thumb:
Yesterday I played at a Company's anniversary meeting, t'was a nice garden party, and someone asked for "Laura". Though I knew the tune a bit, we had never played it in that setting (sax + rhythm). We played it reading our real books. Wasn't the best version ever played:( ...
I decided it was time to work on it. So let's pick it for this month.

It it a version of this Laura?

Last edited by a moderator:
The real good old Real Book II, are you sure ? I have it on p.203 in the C version.
PM me your email. Tell me if you want it for C, Bb or Eb ?
Btw it is also in The New Real Book Vol 3. It is easier to read, simpler transcription and cleaner fonts.

I love songs like this. Not that I'm able to play it like it should, but hey, that is no reason not to draw a lot of air into the bellows and honk merrily along to Laura.

I found no backing track that includes the verse, only the refrain. And since I have Band In A Box 2011 (never bothered to learn it though) I thought, how hard can it be? Luckily, (if you're not to bothered with the end result) it's not hard at all :) BIAB even has a Jazz Ballad Style for Laura.

Always a favorite on the radio. Sunday afternoons, Family Favorites, roast beef and yorkshires..... Spike and "I Went to Your Wedding".
Ah wonderful memories. I think I'm going to cry!

Always a favorite on the radio. Sunday afternoons, Family Favorites, roast beef and yorkshires..... Spike and "I Went to Your Wedding".
Ah wonderful memories. I think I'm going to cry!

His trombone player is just .... irresistible and hilarious :w00t:

OK. I hope it wont prevent us from uploading our own versions. I'm working on it, it isn't exactly the easiest song. Sorry folks. :)

I love songs like this. Not that I'm able to play it like it should, but hey, that is no reason not to draw a lot of air into the bellows and honk merrily along to Laura.

Help . That was quick Rune. I almost missed it until you coloured the link red. I`ve got loads of practice to do before I`ll be recording mine. I liked your very chirpy version and also pretty energetic impro. Well done.

You can now ponder the shout for July>:)

The heck ! I also missed it. Rune, thanks for opening the month. I must admit, I think I never heard the verse before, so this is a real Première for me. Congratulations.
Your tone is surprising and rather unusual. Very suave, it fits the hollywoodish theme quite well. I prefer the slow vibrato you use on the theme, rather than the one in the impro.
I wasn't planning to play the verse, so this will be a challenge. Do you have the music written (with the chords) ?