2012/04 - Imagine

allansto

Thanks taz
Ive been down and changed that mic
Now Ive got a usb dynamic mic
But Im no better off
I still sound like Im playing in a tin can
Will a behringer mixer allow me to avercome that problem
Audacity already has an equalizer in it so cant I adjust sound from that?

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Hey Allan, I'm going to presume a couple of things. It sounds like you can now record the sax into audacity? The tone of the sax still leaves something missing?? by " in a tin can " I take it you mean very thin?? try duplicating the sax track. If it thickens the tone good, you can add another one as well. Yes you can use audacity's many effects on the recorded audio tracks. Don't try and do to many in one go, perhaps a little reverb on one sax track and see what it sounds like..Play with the eq on another track and see what that sounds like..

If you have a sound that already has a lot of reverb on it then the mic is picking up a lot of the room you are in, move the mic closer to the sax..The reverse is also true, loads of sax and you can add room by moving the mic away from the sax. It's all about trial and error you have to find what works best for you and your set up and sound.. Hopefully some others will jump in with advise related to audacity that might be able to help..

Chris

Taz

Busking Oracle
I was wondering if it's a little simpler, I think you may have the input volume set too high. If you could post a little piece of recording we may be able to diagnose the problem.

c9off

Here is my bari effort to keep Taz company..

DeadAudiolink Removed

Also well done to Andy - excellent! (even the wife commented - more than I can manage!).

rudjarl

Senile Member. Scandinavian Ambassadour of CaSLM
Hi all,
This month has been a complete bummer. After I gave up smoking a year ago, I have never had so many illnesses in a year. And this April saw the highlight with a 'killer' of a lung inflammation. Needless to say, playing saxophone has not been on the top of my priority list. Actually just trying to survive has been. (I don't bear illnesses particularly graciously.) But now I feel quite a bit better so I finally got round to do a recording: Imagine

Two weeks ago I was asked to join a traditional big band. I'm to play Alto and Clarinet. Attended the first practice yesterday. It was great. The band is a resurrection of a 70'th band. With the exception of the keyboard player (50) and me (49) the youngest is 71 years old. But them old timers sure can play. All in all, life's not to bad :)

Last edited by a moderator:

saxplorer

Well, the month is coming to an end soon, and I'm not sure I'm going to improve on this.

DeadAudiolink Removed

As ever, thanks for your indulgence, folks.

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
@Rudjarl, I hope the bout of illness is now behind you Rune, the new band sounds like fun.. Also a very nice relaxed version of Imagine as well..:thumb:

@Saxplorer, Nice to here a different backing, it helped to make this version your own. Nice one..:thumb:

Chris..

Clivey

Another 2 to add to our collection for this month. I always like to hear Runes stuff. I especially enjoy his upper register playing which just is too smooth. I liked saxplorers too but I was not too keen on the backing but still a good listen.

On the Subject of Mays Ballad I wondered if anybody wanted "the shout". I`ve got a few lined up but I am offering the shout to the First Person who fancies one. I suppose it`s kind of like a request opportunity:thumb:

allansto

Fantastic Rudjahl
I look forward to the day I can play as nicely as you my friend,
some years ago I had cronic fatigue syndrome,
it really afects your imune system badly and takes alot to get over
the best cure is to eat plenty of fruit veg and fish and beef and excercise
Ive never been in such good health , I recommend it
youve taken the first step......keep going.

PS ........thanks to all for their advice recently .
Ive decided to put my recording issues on the back burner it was taking up too much of my time and pulling me away from proper practice and lessons
regards
Allansto

Last edited by a moderator:

Clivey

Nicely played Gallen I liked the rhythm and tempo change. it was almost a Ska version . I also liked your piccolo obbligato.

I see you use Logic. You must have good eyesight or strong glasses >:) I`m forced to use Cubase and Reason as I really just can`t make out the interfaces of the other DAWs.

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Nicely done Gallen, sounded like it was fun to play.. Well played..

Chris..

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom