All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

2012/02 - End of the World

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
If everyone has done for the month, there really has been some very good tracks posted.. Then may I suggest this

http://youtu.be/Wm17jKf5G9A ..The End of the World..

The original is By Skeeter Davis the sheet is on wikifonia.. it has a very simple melody it's only one chorus long, so everyone should be able to have a go at playing something.. If anyone needs the backing track let me know and I will sort one out for you.(free) before you ask...

Chris

Gallen

Re: A Ballad a Month

Checking out the Eb version... seems like it goes down to Low A? Do I need to buy a Low A MKVI for this tune? :thumb:
http://www.wikifonia.org/node/3505#/Eb/0/1

EDIT: Ok so seriously, if I were to play the Alto sax with the C lead sheets, how would the backing need to be transposed? C to Eb? I.e. use the Eb leadsheet for backing, but play the C lead sheet on Alto?

Edit 2: Durrr... I can just transpose that particular phrase up an octave.... yes?

Last edited by a moderator:

rudjarl

Senile Member. Scandinavian Ambassadour of CaSLM

... Ok so seriously, if I were to play the Alto sax with the C lead sheets, how would the backing need to be transposed? C to Eb? I.e. use the Eb leadsheet for backing, but play the C lead sheet on Alto?

Edit 2: Durrr... I can just transpose that particular phrase up an octave.... yes?

Yupp on both accounts :)

Clivey

I`m in quick with my very short version which is " full acne and all" as I had not really learned the song and just busked it to keep the ballad thread active.

see myspace link at the bottom:stoat:

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter

Hey Clivey, an early one:thumb:, I wondered what people would do with this track..with it being so short..Don't mind full of acne takes as you call it.. Sounded like a job well done.:welldoneThanks for being on the ball..

Chris

allansto

Cris this is such an awesome idea and soooooo inspirational
I cant wait to have a crack
but first I need some tech advice
Im using Audacity
Ive got my mic sorted
So how do I first off, get a backing track ,? then lay that down ?
and then put my take on top of that ?
Help please?
Allansto

Saxade

Well Done Guys :welldone :welldone
Chris I could do with a copy of the backing track please .... Is it in Eb Concert?

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter

Hey guys thanks for all the friendly comments:thumb:. PM's are sent and links sorted for backing track as well:thumb:..

Chris

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter

I have done a quick take with a little Tenor underneath ... Maybe a little more work needed.... but i have not been known for My Patience .... It was FUN :w00t:

Ade
I enjoyed listening to your take on this tune.:) When I picked it, I wondered what people would do with it?? I think thats why I came up with the B3 backing track as an alternative..Can't beat a little lack of patience:)

rudjarl

Senile Member. Scandinavian Ambassadour of CaSLM

Here is my attempt: The End Of The World

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom