All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

2 play or not 2 play

tommy

2 play or not 2 play that is the Question you have one song to pick only one [ and not baker street ] what would that song be lets see your answer might get a new song to record lol

Two Voices

Well, for me it would be John Coltrane's version of 'Like Someone in Love'. Not the easiest piece I've learnt and took a while to get the speed. The key is awkward with loads of accidentals but really enjoy it on the Tenor. Just need someone to make me a backing track for it.

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Have to say mine's probably Harlem Nocturne too.....

AndyG

Well, for me it would be John Coltrane's version of 'Like Someone in Love'. Not the easiest piece I've learnt and took a while to get the speed. The key is awkward with loads of accidentals but really enjoy it on the Tenor. Just need someone to make me a backing track for it.
Don't know if it's the version you are after, but try here
http://www.ralphpatt.com/Backing.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz

Busking Oracle
Mine would be Ettude for Franca by Gerry Mulligan. It's not a hard piece to play, I just really want to make it sing!

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Mine would be Ettude for Franca by Gerry Mulligan. It's not a hard piece to play, I just really want to make it sing!
Gorgeous track... I've just checked it out. thanks for flagging that as an hidden classic tune!

Taz

Busking Oracle
Trimmy, if you check this thread there are various links to it. It's a truely beautiful piece.

chadders

Mine would be Neverend as played by Joshua Redman on the Spirit of the moment album. I think this is just sublime.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom