support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones 1964 MARK V1 tenor in good condition 1750 euro?

jazzarazzer

Hi all
could use a bit of help here. I ve been playing about ten years and of course often think of the day when i might own a mark v1.
Well times are hard in ireland, i recently bought a chinese tenor from thomann.de for 350 euro and considered it a bit of an outlay, although i like it a lot.
Now i have a chance at a mark v1 with a bam case included for 1750 euro, might even get it for a little less and i can try before i buy.
Id be buying it on a credit card as i dont have that cash. Would i be mad to? Would i be mad not to?
Will try upload some pics for your eveluation. Any and all opinions comments etc much appreciated, thanks in advance ODY1YjMxNzVjYWI1ZTYyZDBmZDU5ODQ4ZDRiNDMwYTko70Jl_1mYdR0z3iadBkysaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20v.jpgOGRiMDQ1YTZhNjM5ODEyYjg2YjI3NmFlYzc5ODkwYjgO75ro7PWVLnq2v-jJaT0oaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20v.jpgY2JhMDU3MTk3NTJlZmJkYTQ2ZmU3ZjA2MmI2MDQ2YmYwresgK73GHVJo2vKhm3NlaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20v.jpgView attachment 2378ZWEzZTZkNDc1MzczMmRkYmVkOTkyYzc2ZWI2YjlhNTI74PBvfb_Ua5eaYJpdUQa0aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20v.jpgNDhiZDhlNTc0YzI0ODFhMTk4YmMwM2FmYzM2NTYxNzN0ugxcsNUU53cg5dJ5JlXJaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20v.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks ok, but does it play ok? I'd say for a Mark VI that's an excellent price but then there are great ones and not so great ones!
Have a really really good play, in fact I'd take a friend to play it as well, their judgment won't be as clouded as yours.

Good luck, it may turn out to be an absolute gem!

This 1963 MarkV1 is more than £5000 from the US
And the pads were changed 10yrs ago.
Item no. 261142766444
Sorry cant display URL with iPad

Hey--if you pass on this,let me know,im'e looking to buy a tennor.
Regards.

Providing you can play it before you pay for it and are happy with it go for it, but if you find the key work is loose and rattly, pads half shot, stuff like that you need to factor a rebuild cost in as well, is it still worth it to you then? only you can make that decission...

if you find the key work is loose and rattly, pads half shot,stuff like that you need to factor a rebuild cost in as well, is it still worth it to you then?

Even if it needs complete repad and rehaul that's not going to cost more than 700 Euros.
At 2300 It's still a big big bargain, I would get it immediately.

Doesn't matter how it plays. Why is someone selling this for less than half its value? Never seen a price like this on a horn like this advertised that wasn't a scam.

I emailed the guy this morning and this is his reply
"iv just put it up here now,ebay will be my next port of call if it doesn't sell quickly here.
my gigs dried up over the last number of years,thats the short awnser,im teaching more now than playing and i have a student horn for that,this horn needs a little tlc (hence the low price) but i played hundreds of gigs on it when i had it and it was perfect.
hope this is of some help,here's my number if you more info"
He also said the g pad needs looking at

If it's a genuine sale i'm amazed it's still available considering the prices they fetch !

Make sure it's genuine, then buy. Don't hesitate. Whether we like MkVI prices or not, that's a bargain. Even if it does need some work doing.

If it's a genuine sale i'm amazed it's still available considering the prices they fetch !
Yes trimmy, its the economic situation in ireland, nobody has any cash. Two years ago this woulld have sold in five minutes, now everyone is watching their pennies for the essentials, sad but true. There isnt even one bid on this sax yet

Back
Top Bottom