All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

1955(?) Lelandais Super Jazz III tenor marked R.Malerne Paris

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
For sale a great, and I believe rather rare, Lelandais Super Jazz III tenor marked R.(Robert) Malerne Paris. It came with a SML Rev.D. 1955 and I believe it was its original mouthpiece.

Very heavy, low baffle, round big chamber, somewhat scooped walls. At the moment it is not very open. Plays well, in spite of some flaking but it definitely needs opening (and then it could be re-plated again) but I could play it with a very relaxed jaw which is not my normal embouchure.

I am asking 175€ with a 10€ for Pete's fund (which is now going to Japan I believe) , the price includes shipping and Paypal fees.

these are the pics, click several times on the thumbnails to expand to the large size of 2000px wide

Nick Cook

Locality
Wokingham, Berks, UK
Well, the heading doesn't say 'mouthpiece'. I thought it was a Tenor sax!

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
true, on the other hand Lelandais only ever made mouthpieces!

Nick Wyver

noisy
Café Supporter
Locality
Minster On Sea
For sale a great, and I believe rather rare, Lelandais Super Jazz III tenor marked R.(Robert) Malerne Paris. It came with a SML Rev.D. 1955 and I believe it was its original mouthpiece.

R. Malerne? I've got one of his clarinets. Not bad (for a clarinet).

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
well, I think that Robert Malerne made only musical instruments while the mouthjpeices were bought from Lelandais (most French pieces were either Lelandais or Riffault) Malerne was also stencilling lots of their musical instruments under different names

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
I ma having this mouthpiece refurbished and refaced, so it is no longer for sale at that price. I am withdrawing it.

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom