All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

SOLD 1920's King Alto for sale

Melissa

Locality
Northamptonshire UK
Hi folks,

Not having much luck selling anything at the moment, I have this 1920's King Alto- wire guard, high f# and the twin G# articulated mechanism. I have recently had it serviced and plays rather well, very good condition with only a couple of light dints. I have a hard shell case though is not original but good for posting in.

Looking for £350 inclusive of posting within mainland UK, and 5% to Pete's charity, payment by bank transfer though shall accept paypal as gift or personal payment owed.

Ads

Locality
North West UK
That is in outstanding condition for a 20s Horn - I`ve seen 2yr old Yanis in worse nick ! ..

Melissa

Locality
Northamptonshire UK
Hi folks,

Not having much luck selling anything at the moment, I have this 1920's King Alto- wire guard, high f# and the twin G# articulated mechanism. I have recently had it serviced and plays rather well, very good condition with only a couple of light dints. I have a hard shell case though is not original but good for posting in.

Looking for £350 inclusive of posting within mainland UK, and 5% to Pete's charity, payment by bank transfer though shall accept paypal as gift or personal payment owed.

Come on folks, this is a giveaway at the price, :thumb: I originally bought this because I was advised it had a funny name, King margo the guy said :confused:, well, what would you think, precisely, King Marigaux :) .- and I always fancied one. So I paid £200:w00t:, Then serviced and shipping alone was £155, I am not even getting my money back but it is not about the money... Yes it is probably a 1920's student horn- I think?, but it does play fine and sweetly with, it is in really good condition considering it is getting on for 100yrs, Rays service guarantee is 6 or 12 months and goes with the horn, what else!:shocked:

To prove it is not about the money I shall donate £100.00 of the sale to keeping the forum going regards the bandwidths.:hug:

I shall leave this offer on until Sunday, if not it shall have to go on ebay, I am not desperate, my cottage really is so small and with 22 axes, a dozen sticks, a dozen hooters, studio lighting, I can barely move- :verysad and I just bought another one..I just cannot help myself..>:) but it is one which is ready to play and surely we do not wish to lose the forum? I love it here even though I do not say much :eek:

Ads

Locality
North West UK
TWELVE Clarinets ???? . Whoah , I thought I was getting bad with Four (this is the area where GAS may hit m in the end) ...... Lovely Gesture RE the Donation Melissa :thumb:

Melissa

Locality
Northamptonshire UK
High F# on a 20s sax?
Sorry, typo, I don't know why though my mind is elsewhere=dementia or old-timers I think, it is high F, articulated G#/trill with the low side F#.

My Humble apologies.:blush:

Melissa

Locality
Northamptonshire UK
Caveat emptor, I do deal in instruments!

I am going to bump this sale, sorry for my silly mistake, I had been talking with repairers all day, on the phone to Ray about those with High F#, which I seemed to have on the brain for the last month or so, so somehow I became mixed up.. and that is not unusual for me.

I do have it on the flea but I don't actually like selling on there. (hate it with a passion actually). I really would like to move it on so will offer it for £300 on here to turn it over. includes a healthy donation to Pete- more than the expected..

P.s. you shall have to pay postage at the actual cost, I will not charge for packing and the boxes cost £5.00 each. i.e.
I could get Citylink within mainland UK for £12.00.

At this price, bank transfer would be preferable though would accept the paypal as personal payment owed- not by credit card though it does cost a lot more.

Anyone interested?

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom