support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

16 days and counting..............

half diminished

Locality
Buckinghamshire
Yes it's the big one and it'c coming up fast! :w00t:

Should I be happy or sad?

Should I look back on a life well spent (well in some part at least) or look forward to getting even older, so old that I cannot even puff into my sax. :shocked:

Which big one? 40? Passed it some time ago. Happier now than ever been. Enjoy life, be thankful for all you've got, look forward to every new day, seek out the joy and challenges from life. The way I look at it, at my age people expect me to be turning into a dignified, sober, respectable member of society. I enjoy disappointing them.

Oh, and as a PS, about being too old to play the sax. When I was 16 I played second tenor in a local MU big band. Lead alto was an old guy called Lol, must have been in his late 60s then. I heard in the middle of 2009 that he'd just died, but that he was playing his sax until very recently. By my reckoning he was at least 95 and still playing.:welldone

Happy Birthday for the 21st (that's January, obviously, not your 21st birthday....)

Yes it's the big one and it's coming up fast! :w00t:

I wouldn't worry too much, if your going to be that old, you probably won't remember what your being happy or sad about! :))) Not only that (here come more age related insults....sorry) Your only too old to play when you get damp after trying to hit those old altissimo notes..:)))

Jokes aside, I hope you have a great day. Make something special of it. ;}

Well congrats Ian, whichever it is. I regarded 40 as a sort of half way point. Now at 60, which didn't hurt at all, I don't regard that as two thirds. Life isn't all easy now, but its a mix and new vistas open up. I shall never regret going back to playing an instrument.

I am more sober now - but only because I couldn't stand the migraines a hangover gave me - but I don't fit the dignified and respectable bit any more than Jon does. I've just had my first speeding fine after 43 years of driving!
YC

Oh is that all? Still time to learn new tricks then! ;}

Happy or Sad

Yes it's the big one and it'c coming up fast! :w00t:

Should I look back on a life well spent (well in some part at least) or look forward to getting even older, so old that I cannot even puff into my sax. :shocked:

At 50 you are only a mere slip of a lad ;}:))) I know I was :)))

Think what happens when you reach 65 as I do this year :w00t:

Bloody teenagers. ;}

Wondered when methuselah would wake up. Finished yer daily nap then OG? :w00t:

I wondered that too Ian :)))

Enjoy the day, only 15 more years and you will have all the time in the World for the sax:w00t:

Well Teebones and I have the same birthday to look forward to this year so we may be catching OG up, but I doubt it :)))

Well done Ian, not far behind, got the big 49 this year in April, actually will see you at Karens workshop 3 days after my b/day. Bit like an old man's convention this forum.
Was hoping the snow would keep me at home today. Bugger!! They remembered to grit the roads. All for now, Phil :(

Thanks for the sentiments. We have loads of snow, mrs hd's car is totally frozen and we can't open it!!

I'm WFH today as we're having a new front and back door fitted. Poor bugg@ must be freezin! I'm all warm tucked up in the office. :)

56 and only been learning a year!
Setting a good example to the young just takes all the fun out of life.

<snip>
...... I've just had my first speeding fine after 43 years of driving!
YC

That's exactly when I got mine!

I have my 70th coming-up, in 17 days :shocked: (and I don't mean speeding tickets :D )

Bloody teenagers, always complaining. Get some time in. Bah! Humbug!

Oh and happy birthdays y'all.

Well I guess it's now, so Many Happies.... and have a good time, it's downhill to adult pampers now....

Back
Top Bottom