All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

1 For Kenny G Fans,Its Got To Be Done

Greg Strange

Knocked this soprano improv off today for you Kenny G fans :w00t: Songbird
http://soundcloud.com/daveysax1
Who would have guessed - Davey a closet Kenny G fan:))) well not so closet the whole inter-web knows now...

On a serious note now (pun intended - the serious note for today is F#) the Yamaha 475 series soprano sounds great - a bit of twist on Kenny's version - keep it up Davey - you've got to record the baritone next:thumb:

Cheers,

Greg S.

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Who would have guessed - Davey a closet Kenny G fan:))) well not so closet the whole inter-web knows now...

On a serious note now (pun intended - the serious note for today is F#) the Yamaha 475 series soprano sounds great - a bit of twist on Kenny's version - keep it up Davey - you've got to record the baritone next:thumb:

Cheers,

Greg S.
Couple of duff notes so doing a better 1 today.Slap a new reed on also.Then the Baritone,yee ha

daveysaxboy

Cheers,

Greg S.
The 475 yamaha Japan version sop is rated as 1 of the best all round sops going .Many like it more than the custom yamahas as it is more vibrant .

daveysaxboy

I really enjoyed it :) very nice playing,im not really a kenny g fan but this i liked.

Luke
I'm not but this 1 track is a great soprano song so had a bash.I know i need to sort what mic setup,effects,placement of mic etc to get the natural soprano sound in my home studio but i'll keep trying things till i'm happy,well when are we ever truly happy !!!

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Excellent playing with conviction. Sounds like a style you have played a lot of, but from what you say it isn't. So much the better for making it convincing.

Greg Strange

Actually I like the alto 'Lily' track as well, although I don't think Dave Stewart would - you're muscling in on his guitar part...:)))

That 32 Yam sounds fine...:thumb:

Cheers,

Greg S.

daveysaxboy

Excellent playing with conviction. Sounds like a style you have played a lot of, but from what you say it isn't. So much the better for making it convincing.
Only played along with this track about 10 times in my life.Its a great soprano theme song.Thanks for your kind words.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
That was really great I didn't know the tune before but you made it sound wonderful like you say yams are great...john

ps you don't happen to know the best place to get the dots do you

Last edited by a moderator:

John Laughter

Enjoyed it Dave. That melody line and background arrangement could be performed using different instruments and sound good. Let us know when you record his "Going Home" which is also a nice composition.

daveysaxboy

Enjoyed it Dave. That melody line and background arrangement could be performed using different instruments and sound good. Let us know when you record his "Going Home" which is also a nice composition.
Cheers i'll put that 1 in some time soon.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Just took another listen to this. You've done a great job here, with none of KennyG's cheesiness. Only one negative - the ending - it sounded more like it'd been cut off, rather than finishing.

Good that you've started recording. We've, I think, all laughed as you've tried kit, raved about it, then sold it on and bought something else, only to repeat the cycle. You've ended up with a monster sound, keep it going!!!!

daveysaxboy

Just took another listen to this. You've done a great job here, with none of KennyG's cheesiness. Only one negative - the ending - it sounded more like it'd been cut off, rather than finishing.

Good that you've started recording. We've, I think, all laughed as you've tried kit, raved about it, then sold it on and bought something else, only to repeat the cycle. You've ended up with a monster sound, keep it going!!!!
As said i'm no way happy with the soprano track.1st go trying to record a soprano well so the couple of hours total on it was messing about mixing not playing.Soprano must be the hardest thing to record well due to its sonic sounds.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom