All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

05/2014.....Ballad of the Sad Young Men

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
Liverpool ( Pool of Life )
The baton has been passed over to me for the month of May (yikes) :w00t:
My first task is to thank Alun for the fabulous job he has done with April's BoTM.... 'Tenderly' well done Alun :clapping:

Now i chose this tune because it is one of my favourites and Art Pepper does a superb version of which has already been posted by me in here
Art Pepper (my favourite tune)

My posting the above clip inspired Jamesmac to post his version in 'Yoursoundclips' and its a great version too :thumb:, But it left me with the dilemma of whether to choose this tune for BoTM after a very short thought, i said "why not it's a great tune and it would be good to hear different takes on it" so i hope it inspires others to upload their versions.

So this months BoTM will be... 'Ballad of the Sad Young Men'

A few versions to compare...
This is my favourite vocal version
Another great vocal

You have heard Art Pepper on alto now a treat for you tenor players

Anyhow back to business, Chris has provided the dots & backing track(s) what would we do without him :clapping:

Chris would you please add them to this post (thicko here is well erm 'thick') and struggling to upload them from my laptop :doh:
I hope you like the choice for May and hope that members contribute to this month as in previous months, i've also promised Chris i will do a version myself :eek: (feeling sick already)

All the pdf's and backing tracks can be found here

"Ballad of the Sad Young Men"

Thanks

Kev

Edit "All links fixed and Pdf's and Mp3's added"

Chris..

Last edited by a moderator:

U CAN CALL ME AL

Café Supporter
Locality
Undy Monmouthshire U.K.
Hi Trimmy

Thanks for the thanks, hope your month goes well with this lovely tune. I sort of knew this was coming so yesterday I uploaded it to Soundcloud. Much to my surprise when I went to collect the link to post here it had already been hit 13 times with one like! So to start you off here it is.

U CAN CALL ME AL

Café Supporter
Locality
Undy Monmouthshire U.K.
That's it Col. Look forward to your vocal, there are a few male vocals on the tube.

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
I hadn't heard of the version by David Sanborn which is on his Closer album, until Alun pointed it in my direction.
Great version and also shows how a sad ballad can be lifted....a bit
Sorry i can't find a version to upload :( but you can find it to listen on tinternet.

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
^^^^
Lovely version Rhys :thumb: not heard that one before :)
Can just here Col's deep voice on this tune

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom