• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Yamaha YAS 62 alto saxophone

Paul Warner

Price of Item
£1175.00
Cafe Fundraising
5%
Reluctantly selling my much loved alto. Serial number 092693, made in Japan. I believe this to be a transitional model between the purple logo and the second series 62's…there certainly wasn't any discernible difference between it and my old 'purple logo' 62, except that this one played a lot better. It also played a lot better than my old Selmer VI, come to that! It's a beautiful, well cared for horn which blows like a dream and I am so sad that it has to go: my collection has to shrink.
What else can I say? Alto 1.jpg ,,,it's a professional horn; everything a Yamaha should be- and then some!
I shall of course donate 5% of the sale price to Pete's charity.

Attachments

• Alto 2.jpg
    Alto 2.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 260
O.k….no bites so far so I am bringing the price down to a vary realistic and generous £1100. Please let me know if this isn't a good price for a beautifully playing horn in superb nick!

It strikes me that another possibility here is a swap for a decent Yamaha student alto' with a cash balance. That way I've still got an alto' for the odd blow!

Yes Jx….and I cannot understand why such a fine alto hasn't been snapped up. Perhaps some viewers don't realise that it has been reduced to £1100! I would consider a fair offer, but already feel that it's a bargain!

I really can't understand why this superb alto has not sold. If you feel that you'd like to make an offer…please do so. MAYBE YOU MIGHT FIND SOMETHING A BIT CHEAPER, BUT I DON'T THINK YOU'LL FIND ANYTHING MUCH BETTER! That's a reasonable statement because I think it's one of the best alto's I've ever played, and certainly better in my book then my old much vaunted Selmer VI. It's immaculate, and it's a real player no matter what your style!
I'd like it to go to a good home. So, if the price is a bit daunting, and you're genuine…..try me!

Think you're right, Prof. Trouble is, what have they dropped to? There must be somebody who needs a really good alto at much less than a dealer would charge them.
Anyway… offers please at whatever you think is the right price, dear reader!

I wasn't trying to be a smart arse either. It annoys me as well. It appalls me what people expect to pay for the big name horns. However....hang onto it if you can. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom