1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Orósz Technique - does it work?

Discussion in 'Playing' started by half diminished, Mar 13, 2009.

1. half diminished

half diminished Senior Member

I noticed this link on Pete's main site - its for finger training exercises to improve the speed of you fingering.

Does it work? $117.50 is not cheap.

2. Mamos

Mamos Member

Not tried it I'm afraid.

As I said in a previous thread, I am always a little wary of these sites that offer you the world and promise to change your life.

mamos

3. Chris98

Chris98 Senior Member

Hello,

I'm wary too, but have taught enough students to realise that it’s often best to tackle a problem from several different directions where possible. I’m just wondering if that could be a legitimate argument for obtaining lots of saxophones, for you could argue that each exhibits properties that enhance your playing on the others, but I digress…

…Curiosity got the better of me and I signed up for the free lesson, it comes in the form of a PDF that you have access to for 24 hours. Understandably they’re not giving away all their secrets but there might (I say might as I’ve only had a quick scan through it) be enough to see if the idea has any merit. Having just had ago at what looks like a simple exercise I realise how little control I have over my individual fingers, which is what this is expected to improve.

All the best,

Chris

4. half diminished

half diminished Senior Member

Chatted to my teacher about this and she suggested that my lack of experience with the instrument and with jazz and my brain/eye/hand coordination will be the limiting factor NOT my fingers and that whist finger exercises undoubtedly help, its nothing I need to worry about at the moment.

Judging on my last lesson yesterday - she's pushing me hard on proper jazz articulation - she right! I can't play anything quickly at all now!

One step back to make two forwards again!! :w00t: