• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Long shot but I have an intersting Violin! for sale

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
hi All, I know this is a saxophone forum but i'm being cheeky here! I also play violin (which is my principle instrument) and I have a very unusual German 1890 Gusetto shaped instrument for sale. It is a full size violin and of decent quality but due to the fact it is an odd shape it has some novelty value which in turn unfortunately puts people off! I was wondering if there are any fellow violinists here who may be interested? I would like £250 for the violin and it has a quality bow and hard case. It's a real beauty but I need to shift it as I would like something else (a saxophone!) and need a bit more space. PM if interested and I will donate 5% of the sale if it goes through here.

ps; look them up on google - it will probably come up with a load of Chinese imports which are pretty horrendous but mine is German and lovely quality. Google or Wikipedia will tell you about Nicolo Gusetto and how the violins became this odd shape!

hi All, I know this is a saxophone forum but i'm being cheeky here! I also play violin (which is my principle instrument) and I have a very unusual German 1890 Gusetto shaped instrument for sale. It is a full size violin and of decent quality but due to the fact it is an odd shape it has some novelty value which in turn unfortunately puts people off! I was wondering if there are any fellow violinists here who may be interested? I would like £250 for the violin and it has a quality bow and hard case. It's a real beauty but I need to shift it as I would like something else (a saxophone!) and need a bit more space. PM if interested and I will donate 5% of the sale if it goes through here.

ps; look them up on google - it will probably come up with a load of Chinese imports which are pretty horrendous but mine is German and lovely quality. Google or Wikipedia will tell you about Nicolo Gusetto and how the violins became this odd shape!

So nosey me tried wikipedia - searched for gusetto, it found nothing and suggested gusset... :w00t:
Didn't find Nicolo Gusetto, either... Google found lots of replicas for sale.

Trying to sell an instrument with no pictures can be difficult. I'm guessing it is even harder to sell one to a forum full of sax players. If it is a really good deal, you could try the local schools and such.

Last edited by a moderator:

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom