support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Ligatures Great service great ligature

Status
Not open for further replies.

zootsaxenberger

Locality
kent
After doing some research, I decided to purchase a Claude Lakey compass ligature from Howarths as they offered the best price. I ordered it last Thursday afternoon and it arrived Friday morning! I have to say that I really like this ligature, it fits all of my mouthpieces, except for my RICO metalite tenor piece. And I found that it works better with my metal bergs than any other lig I've used , also it works well on my Claude lakey alto and selmer clarinet pieces .

I bought one a few months ago and was also impressed, great lig to have for gigs as a spare as it fits most mpc's.
It makes a change for a lig to be cheap rather than some ligs that have come on to the market recently which have been way to expensive IMO.

Good little piece of kit if it does fit most mouthpieces on different horns. How does it get on with the PPT for tenor?

I've considered getting one of these, but then I might start playing all those non standard sized mouthpieces that are sitting on the shelf...

I'm looking forward to trying the new Claude Lakey synthetic reeds

I'm looking forward to trying the new Claude Lakey synthetic reeds

These look interesting,hopefully there will be shops in the UK willing to stock them.
Absolute are also close to bringing out their synthetic reeds,happy days.

More synthetic reeds means me buying them, trying them out and going back to my Forestone!

I looked into the Compass lig a month or so ago, reading user reviews, and found almost everyone rated it as very good. I'll buy one if my Alto PPT lig issues return (PPT is a little smaller diameter than other alto MPs I've had).

For those in the dark, here's the product info page: http://www.claudelakey.com/products/compass

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks relatively good value

I'm tempted

Plug ugly, though, but

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom