support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Going solo

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Last Tuesday, I played at our local day hospice - it was a lovely sunny day, and I set up outside on the patio under a large parasol.
Some of the day patients came out and sat in the sun and were a brilliant and responsive audience.

On Wednesday, I will be playing at a Sight Concern afternoon tea session. I have played there before with my quartet, but never alone.

Then yesterday, I was in town when I noticed that the Book Co-operative were advertising for musicians of any sort to do 20 minute slots throughout the day next Saturday as part of National Book Week. So I popped in and signed up.

That will be my first solo performance to "Joe Public". Up to now it's always been a tame audience!

Good luck Mandy, I am sure you will be fine, most audiences are appreciative, you have had some practice playing alone, enjoy and let us know how it it goes :)

Jx

Just had a brilliant afternoon at Sight Concern.

Also just realised I need some business / contact cards! :eek:

I was asked by 3 separate people if I would like to perform in their concerst, as a guest performer!

Also, not only did I get paid in strawberries, cake and cups of tea, I was given an envelope containing real, folding ones!! Which I hadn't expected.
(Money to those non UK cafe members)

:D

Sounds good.
What do you play? Do you have recorded backing?
Yes, I have sheet music and recorded backing tracks, from CDs or downloaded.
I have all the tracks on my iPad, which fits in a holder on my music stand, and this runs through a TDK SoundCube, as a speaker/amplifier.
I have picked music mostly from 1940s to 1960s, mainly because of the age of the audience.

Back
Top Bottom