• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

SOLD Excellent Yamaha YCL 250 clarinet

Paul Warner

An outstanding student/improver's clarinet (and used by several pro' friends of mine as a highly reliable back up instrument). A favourite of Stephen Howard and highly reviewed and recommended on his website. Recently checked over by Griff and fitted with several new pads. Plays extremely well, as you would expect from a Yamaha. Comes complete with a new gig case and a 6C mouthpiece, and a new Ton Kooman Etude thumb rest, which makes it very comfortable to play. Priced at £230, usual 5% to the charity, and postage around £17.50. P1010957_edited-1.jpg

An outstanding student/improver's clarinet (and used by several pro' friends of mine as a highly reliable back up instrument). A favourite of Stephen Howard and highly reviewed and recommended on his website. Recently checked over by Griff and fitted with several new pads. Plays extremely well, as you would expect from a Yamaha. Comes complete with a new gig case and a 6C mouthpiece, and a new Ton Kooman Etude thumb rest, which makes it very comfortable to play. Priced at £230, usual 5% to the charity, and postage around £17.50.View attachment 3087

Having recently given this clarinet a thorough checkover, I can confirm that this is a great clarinet in real good nick.
I am in now way connected to Paul - apart from him being a good customer of mine.

Ton Kooiman lives next door (no kidding!).

That YCL-250 sounds very tempting ... would £17,50 also cover shipping to the Netherlands?

Then you would probably know what a lovely thumb rest he makes. I imagine that the postage wood be about right, as long as you wouldn't might sending a bit extra if it's wildly wrong; I don't mind too much over a few quid. It's a really good buy.Have you read Steve Howard's review?
Buy the way, to whomever is interested, I am away for eight days from tomorrow.
Ton Kooiman lives next door (no kidding!).

That YCL-250 sounds very tempting ... would £17,50 also cover shipping to the Netherlands?

He does indeed, though I was always happy with the regular Buffet Crampon thumbrest and a piece of cork. The great thing about the Kooiman thumb rest is how it spreads the pressure, and how easily you can adjust it.

To be fair, Ton Kooiman does not live exactly next door; it is a 10 minute walk from my house ;)

Regarding the Yamaha; I found a very nice Buffet Crampon from the early 70's, so I satisfied my clarinet appetite for now ;)

Last edited:
Having recently given this clarinet a thorough checkover, I can confirm that this is a great clarinet in real good nick.
I am in now way connected to Paul - apart from him being a good customer of mine.
Just been reminded that this very nice instrument is still languishing, so I will reduce the price to £200 in the hope of finding a new owner.

Sorry was just checking to keep yard sale clear of sold items. I will leave the thread here, someone else may be interested please let me know when it sells :)

Jx

Hi Jx,
Yes, this clarinet is still for sale and I have decided to reduce the price to £200 which must be a bargain! However, I have removed the Ton Kooman thumb rest and restored the original Yamaha one.

Hi Jx,
Yes, this clarinet is still for sale and I have decided to reduce the price to £200 which must be a bargain! However, I have removed the Ton Kooman thumb rest and restored the original Yamaha one.
You did offer at £175 in post 11 :)

Jx