Cafe Saxophone Cafe Saxophone Search
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. StaotHello Guest

Please support the Forum - financially or otherwise!

More Information here

3. The new Pete Thomas CD - BIG!

King True Voll alto

Discussion in 'Saxophones & Accessories' started by saxgirl22, Nov 1, 2012.

1. saxgirl22

saxgirl22 Member

My alto arrived today. It's a brushed silver plate King True Voll 1 alto (I believe) the bell is goldwash and it has the original case with the paper label inside still intact! How lovely - it's a really nice example. I should be able to play test it this evening and give a 'report' on it! Does anyone else have one?
    I think I have some sort of 'void' in my life where I feel I need to keep buying saxophones. I'm sadly not joking either but they keep me happy :)
    Subscribe to lose these ads
    Other ways to support the forum More Info
  2. thomsax

thomsax Well-Known Member

Congratulate on your King. Kings are nice saxes. I've owned a couple Voll-True II. I found the saxes in shops that sold old military stuff. I think King's was used in military bands/orchr. I just bougt them for a couple of hundreds (Swedish s e k). The tonesholes are welded on these old Kings.

Thomas
  3. What

What Member

Congrats. I have a King I am keeping my eye on too. Their reputation stands out pretty damn good. Please let us know how yours plays for you.
  4. Greg Strange

Greg Strange Senior Member

Hamilton, Waikato, North Island, New Zealand.
    When it comes to sax acquisition it sounds like you're giving Davey, Jon and Rhys a good run for the money:)))...good luck with the new old King...:thumb:

Greg S.
  5. kevgermany

kevgermany Landrover Nut Cafe Moderator

Good luck. I must say I'm rather envious. My last teacher (now retired) had a King Zephyr, ex mi.itary and tiw as the sweetest alto I've heard... Much nier than his MkVI >:)
  6. saxgirl22

saxgirl22 Member

played the king lastnight. It's freshly overhauled - it has a lovely broad tone and there is no resistance anywhere on the sax. It's a very loud saxophone but sounds great. I really like it! It's very different from my Conn. I also like the feel of the keywork on it, it's very easy to play. It was suggested to use a wide chamber ebonite m/p on it but I've found my metal one works great. I paid £199.50 exactly for it, which I think was a bargain. Again, another one that won't be making it into the yard sale!
  7. kevgermany

kevgermany Landrover Nut Cafe Moderator

lucky lucky you!!! enjoy!